Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom New Account Under Reviewed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom New Account Under Reviewed

Hi All,

I recently applied for the chase freedom card after I had my SSN. Because I have had a chase chekcing account for a long time they accepted my application. I used the credit card once but after that time I couldn't use it anymore and whenever I called customer service they were unable to pull up my account because they said my account was under review and would call me back in 1 or 2 days but it has been almost a week and they still haven't called me yet. Not only that, when I log in to the credit card's account page, it says "your account has been closed" but I never closed it. (I already paid the borrowed amount back.)

Anyone knows what might be going on?

Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom New Account Under Reviewed

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I recently applied for the chase freedom card after I had my SSN. Because I have had a chase chekcing account for a long time they accepted my application. I used the credit card once but after that time I couldn't use it anymore and whenever I called customer service they were unable to pull up my account because they said my account was under review and would call me back in 1 or 2 days but it has been almost a week and they still haven't called me yet. Not only that, when I log in to the credit card's account page, it says "your account has been closed" but I never closed it. (I already paid the borrowed amount back.)

Anyone knows what might be going on?

Smiley Indifferent

Welcome to MyFico.  The lender has the right to close your account unfortunately.  Since you have a Chase banking account, I suggest you go in and talk to banker to see what is going on.

Without us knowing what is in your reports, it will be hard to deduce why Chase will take such an action unless you want to elaborate on your reports, what was purchased, etc...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Smiley Sad

You are welcome and no sad face.  Go in and talk to a banker and you will be amazed.  They will call lending directly and see why your card was closed and what you can do to have it re-opened.  Keep us posted on results.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds easy now. I'm just kind of disappointed that I cannot get any information from the online support team.

The nearest chase bank to me is 2.5hr drive because there is no branch in MA so I don't know how soon I will go to one but I will keep you updated. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.