Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom -- Persistence paid off!

tag
puckguy23
Established Member

Chase Freedom -- Persistence paid off!

A follow-up on a previous post: I had been working to get a Chase Freedom for sometime. After my first recon call, I was asked to submit supporting documentation about my new address (we just bought a home), I was told to wait two weeks for an answer. I finally got a letter back...asking for MORE documentation! I called the number on the letter and got the fraud department, and the representative there was able to verify my identity. Then she promised to transfer me to someone who could review my account. After 15 minutes on hold, she said the transfer was taking too long and to wait for a letter in a couple of weeks. Ugh!

Finally this morning I called the executive number and spoke to a very nice lady who reviewed a couple of items in the application, then put me hold for 45 seconds. She came back and said I was approved for a $5,000 limit!

So...combine that with the NFCU Visa I got with a $14K limit, and I'm set for now. Time for the rest of the subprime cards to go! Does anyone have a shovel, or hoe, or rake I can borrow? Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 507 EX
Current Score: 701 TU/694EQ/654EX(FAKO)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom -- Persistence paid off!

@puckguy23 wrote:

A follow-up on a previous post: I had been working to get a Chase Freedom for sometime. After my first recon call, I was asked to submit supporting documentation about my new address (we just bought a home), I was told to wait two weeks for an answer. I finally got a letter back...asking for MORE documentation! I called the number on the letter and got the fraud department, and the representative there was able to verify my identity. Then she promised to transfer me to someone who could review my account. After 15 minutes on hold, she said the transfer was taking too long and to wait for a letter in a couple of weeks. Ugh!

Finally this morning I called the executive number and spoke to a very nice lady who reviewed a couple of items in the application, then put me hold for 45 seconds. She came back and said I was approved for a $5,000 limit!

So...combine that with the NFCU Visa I got with a $14K limit, and I'm set for now. Time for the rest of the subprime cards to go! Does anyone have a shovel, or hoe, or rake I can borrow? Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Go ahead and check in with the Garden Club, I'm sure we can scrounge up a few hoes for you Smiley Wink

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new Freedom!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats, that's a nice starting CL

Message 4 of 7
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Excellent!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations! Enjoy your new cards, and we'll be happy to provide you with a nice set of tools in the garden club. Smiley Wink

And if you come over to the GC, the drinks are on me tonight! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Freedom. Wish they were generous with me! Dont forget to register for the bonus rewards!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.