Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Platinum

tag
jboy1972
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Platinum

I never received email regarding this.... Is this for a selected few?
NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 31 of 42
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Free upgrade and hopefully some good benefits Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 32 of 42
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Everyone will eventually receive the email regarding the change to benefits. If you visit the sign up page for the CSP you will notice they recently added the extra protections onto the description. I received the CSP notification a couple of weeks ago and funny enough the Slate is also receving the purchase protection treatment. 

Message 33 of 42
mjnierva23
New Contributor

good to know thanks for the info

Message 34 of 42
creditfan
Established Contributor

thought just wanna share it out

my business MC got the same email

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting ... got the same thing for my Chase Business Ink Visa Freedom Cash Rewards Card. Glad this thread was started. Had my account since 2006. My rewards are way better than what they are offering today.
Message 36 of 42
red259
Super Contributor

I got this awhile back for my freedom and I only had it for a few months. I have to read the details, but it looks like I may be able to start using my freedom card for rentals depending on the terms of the cdw. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 37 of 42
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

If you have the non-signature Visa, then it is classified as Platinum to my understanding. They have added some features to make the gap between Platinum and Signature not so "Night and Day." I got the brochure back in August and it looked like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 38 of 42
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Interesting.  Says "Chase Freedom Visa Platinum" right on the front.  I hadn't even looked at it yet.  Did eveyone get the Platinum one?

i rec'd the email on aug 13th re the enhaced benefits.

my chase freedom is a MC, so my guide booklet says "chase MC platinum "

my chase freedom  card has never indicated "platinum" on the card - just chase freedom MC.

i just looked at my initial guide to benefits (sent by mail in 2009 when i opened the card), and the booklet states "standard MC gold/platinum guide to benefits", so i guess i had the platinum version from the get go?.  my initial CL in 2009 was $4.6k.  several months ago i requested and was given a CLI to $10k.  wonder if the CL is what makes it gold vs platinum?

in any case, i'm glad to have the enhanced benefits on this card!!!!!!!!!!  (basically matches the visa siggy benefits that i have with BofA and with Cap1)

Message 39 of 42
shane82388
Established Contributor

No email for me for my Chase Freedom....

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.