Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Chase Freedom Plus

Nothing so far. I keep getting things in the mail reminding me to take advantage of it and all the language when I log into my account keeps talking about the $50 bonus so I say...so far so good. I'll take advantage of it until it gets discontinued - that's for sure.
Established Contributor
Mike14

Just so you're all aware, the $250 for $200 is also available for the regular Chase Freedom (non-plus) card too. However, I suppose it would take longer to get there, with the cap and only 3 categories. I've always been too impatient to wait that long, but my one card will hit $200 probably on the next statement (not the one that cuts this Monday), so I'll enjoy that bonus then, myself!
Wife's FICO Scores, 7/10/09: TU:??? EQ:634 EX: ???
Wife's FICO Scores, 2/13/09: TU:??? EQ:604 EX: 630
Wife's FICO Scores, 2/05/09: TU:??? EQ:592 EX: 630
My FICO Scores, 6/19/09: TU:757 EQ:744 EX:758 (all from MB; EQ Agrees)
My FICO Scores, 3/29/09: TU:755 EQ:746 EX: ???
My FICO Scores, 2/05/09: TU:??? EQ:730 EX: 720
New Contributor
monicar2009

Is this card still offered?
Contributor
Eiso

monicar2009 wrote:
Is this card still offered?

It has always been offered through Chase. Try and see if you qualify. But watch out for your credit score if you care enough, and make sure if you really need it compared to other cards you already have.

-----------------------------------------------------
FICO pulled by loan officer on 8/3/2009
EQ: 724
EX: 740
TU: 742
New Contributor
monicar2009

So the option is only offered once you have a freedom card correct? Because I cant find the option for the plus card. 
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

I used to have a link; it was to a miles reward card that you could convert to cash rewards. I can't even find that now.

I think that we're seeing the withdrawal by banks from the great rewards cards. :smileysad:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
New Contributor
monicar2009

So the plus card no longer exist? Or is it an option only provided once you have the freedom card.
Valued Member
jackelope

It could well be either case. There was one page (and I think only that page) that provided the Freedom Plus until literally yesterday. Chase then yanked that entry and replaced it with their Disney card.

There is always a chance that calling up Chase directly and applying for it over the phone may do the trick. Otherwise, inquire about becoming a Freedom cardholder if they say "Yes, the Plus card we make available six months after you prove how well you can give us money." and you really want it.

As long as the rewards program doesn't change terms too much, the Plus is well worth seeking. Of course, all of us Plus holders might well find the terms changed for the worse before too much longer anyway. Kind of a shame, but those are the economic breaks.

Senior Contributor
txjohn

I got my Freedom Plus by product changing my WAMU Visa....I didn't see any application for the PLUS card with AF.  It may be this is only a PC or upgrade option....cause it sure isn't anywhere in plain sight.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

[ Edited ]

txjohn wrote:
I got my Freedom Plus by product changing my WAMU Visa....I didn't see any application for the PLUS card with AF.  It may be this is only a PC or upgrade option....cause it sure isn't anywhere in plain sight.

There used to be links to it that were easy to google for. I got mine by luck. Apped for the Freedom card, received the signature version even though I was very clear in telling them I did not want the signature card. When I called back to tell them, they swapped me to the PLUS version. I dind't know the difference at first. 

Also...just FYI. They don't refer to it as an AF. So if you ask if there is an AF they can techinically tell you "no". I believe they call it a program fee or something. It is $30 and they waive it for the first year. 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 04-06-2009 08:13 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+