Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Q ?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase Freedom Q ?

Hi credit pros... I am getting nowhere with Chase!

I have my Freedom card since 01/2013 and unfortunately got it with horrible terms 22,99% APR and the only non Signature card. Recently I tried to convert to a Siggy but of course Chase denied. So I figured it must be the APR at 22,99% which will  prevent a Siggy and my next question was if they would see a change to lower my APR..well that got declined as expected... so next idea was to see if Chase would allow me to PC the Freedom to another card...again ..declined. I simply cannot get anywhere with the Freedom team Smiley Sad

Last November I did get the Marriott Premier Rewards with a high CL and this is a Signature card Smiley Happy ... any idea why the same company grants the benefits on 1 card but completely blocks everything on the other?

What does this mean ends 05//2014... I had a 15months 0% APR but I thought it would have ended by now... is it until 31 MAY 14 ?

Chase_APR.png

Has anybody been successful to PC, lower APR or upgrade during the promo period?   Chase kept telling me the upgrade request can be made once the account is 13 months old and now they say it is technically not possible to do anything ??

Thanks for your advice !

edit: typo

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Q ?

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have my Freedom card since 01/2013 and unfortunately got it with horrible terms 22,99% APR and the only non Signature card. Recently tried to convert to a Siggy but of course Chase denied. So I figured it must be the APR at 22,99% which will  prevent a Siggy and my next question was if they would see a change to lower my APR..well that got declined as expected... so next idea was to see if Chase would allow me to PC the Freedom to another card...again ..declined. I simply cannot get anywhere with the Freedom team Smiley Sad

Last November I did get the Marriott Premier Rewards with a hight CL and this is a Signature card Smiley Happy ... any idea why the same company grants the benefits on 1 card but completely blocks everything on the other?

What does this mean ends 05//2014... I had a 15months 0% APR but I thought it would have ended by now... is it until 31 MAY 14 ?

Chase_APR.png

Has anybody been successful to PC, lower APR or upgrade during the promo period?   Chase kept telling me the upgrade request can be made once the account is 13 months old and now they say it is technically not possible to do anything ??

Thanks for your advice !

Don't bother calling regular CS or sending secure messages. The only way to upgrade is by emailing the executive office and requesting the upgrade.

executive.office@chase.com

include your name, phone #, and last 4 digits on the card.

As for APR, wait until the intro period ends and then request it, although I'm sure they'll deny you because I was recently told by a credit analyst, "We don't negotiate APRs" (i got stuck with the same ridiculous APR, but got the lowest APR on my amazon Visa...go figure)

Message 2 of 12
gh17
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand your question about the APR.  You had 15 months at 0%... so if you got the card less than 15 months ago, then yes, that's still going on.  Looks like it expires soon though, so it won't do you much good at this point.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 3 of 12
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Or maybe you're just trying to determine if it expired 5/1 or 5/31.

Anyway, I don't understand your problem with the terms.  Are you carrying a balance?  Who cares about the APR?  Do you want a Visa Signature just because you want an increased limit, or do you actually want the Visa Signature benefits?  None of this seems very important unless you spend a lot more than $500 in the 5% categories each month and feel the limit is hindering your ability to take advantage of the Freedom rewards while keeping your utilization low.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 4 of 12
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

Anyway, I don't understand your problem with the terms.  Are you carrying a balance?  Who cares about the APR?  Do you want a Visa Signature just because you want an increased limit, or do you actually want the Visa Signature benefits?  None of this seems very important unless you spend a lot more than $500 in the 5% categories each month and feel the limit is hindering your ability to take advantage of the Freedom rewards while keeping your utilization low.

Lots of people care about the apr. It's nice to know the apr is reasonable if there ever comes a need to carry a balance for any reason. Also, if you can get a lower apr, why not?

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 5 of 12
newUser0
Established Contributor

I have like 18.99 APR and EO rejected my request to upgrade to Siggy

Message 6 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

I have like 18.99 APR and EO rejected my request to upgrade to Siggy

As much as I like their cards but I truly hate Chase for their policy to never adjust the initial APR and for being sooo stingy with upgrades to Signature cards. I will now try to push my scores to 800+ and once I hit that barrier write to executive office and see what their reply will be.... Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have my Freedom card since 01/2013 and unfortunately got it with horrible terms 22,99% APR and the only non Signature card. Recently tried to convert to a Siggy but of course Chase denied. So I figured it must be the APR at 22,99% which will  prevent a Siggy and my next question was if they would see a change to lower my APR..well that got declined as expected... so next idea was to see if Chase would allow me to PC the Freedom to another card...again ..declined. I simply cannot get anywhere with the Freedom team Smiley Sad

Last November I did get the Marriott Premier Rewards with a hight CL and this is a Signature card Smiley Happy ... any idea why the same company grants the benefits on 1 card but completely blocks everything on the other?

Chase_APR.png

Thanks for your advice !

Don't bother calling regular CS or sending secure messages. The only way to upgrade is by emailing the executive office and requesting the upgrade.

executive.office@chase.com

include your name, phone #, and last 4 digits on the card.

As for APR, wait until the intro period ends and then request it, although I'm sure they'll deny you because I was recently told by a credit analyst, "We don't negotiate APRs" (i got stuck with the same ridiculous APR, but got the lowest APR on my amazon Visa...go figure)

Thanks for this suggestion. I will try to push my scores up and contact the executive office once the 0 % promo APR is over..... I do not expect a miracle but why not try to get an explanation at least. ....Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@gh17 wrote:

I do not carry a balance. But I hate to be at 22,99% APR if all my other lenders give me best terms or close to best terms. Chase is the only non Siggy card as well. And yes I would love to use the Siggy benefits... the credit line is fine and if I need more I can easily move over from the Marriott card. 

Message 9 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@gh17 wrote:

Lots of people care about the apr. It's nice to know the apr is reasonable if there ever comes a need to carry a balance for any reason. Also, if you can get a lower apr, why not?

+1

It would be nice if the APR would be published on the CR so lenders could compete for the business. For me the only lender that gets interest every once in a while is BofA because their Cash and Travel rewards cards are with 9,99% APR....  Chase can't you do any better than 22,99% ??? That is lame. and like this you will never see a dime from me. ..LOL

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.