Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Q3 Category Revealed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Q3 Category Revealed

I'm always rooting for Wholesale and Grocery as many quarters as possible, but Restaurants is fine. I won't max it out, and certainly won't max out both the Discover and Freedom, but it's a solid category.

I rarely eat out in the summer. I spend all my summer nights either at a baseball game or grilling at home. I only eat out at a couple of places and will probably hit them a little more than I otherwise might.

On a side note, I do own a restaurant and will probably promote the Discover/Freedom bonuses during this quarter. I'm not sure if my fees are higher during these bonus quarters. I should probably know that, but really don't have time to worry about it. These fees are really just part of the business and I can't control it. 

Also, we do monthly drawings/giveaways for our customers at the restaurant. So, there's going to be a lot of gift cards to other restaurants during these quarters (not direct competitors, of course).

Message 21 of 22
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Q3 Category Revealed

Y'all got me curious. Hubby financed a bachelor party (he was the best man) at a bar and used his Amex to meet his spend. I just looked at his online account and it counted as a restaurant/club. Good to know for future reference.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.