Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Quarterly Categories

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Chase Freedom Quarterly Categories

When does Chase usually announce the next quarter's categories?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

ETA: Oops. I just found it. Looks like my card is going to be dormant for the next 3 mos. Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Quarterly Categories

What are they for next quarter?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hotels, airlines, Best Buy, and Kohl's next quarter.  Hotels and airlines are decent, though I'm already getting bonus points with those and there's a $1500 cap, but Best Buy and Kohl's?  Those aren't categories, they're stores.

Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Hmm....5% on Best Buy might be worth my while, the airline also. DW wants to fly out to KS.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

if they matched my limit at best buy it would be worth it. 

but 5% on 500 vs rzpoints on 2500?

or if they upped my limit id put my cruise/mexico trip on it but no dice. 

amex will be getting that with a pre payment.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 9
firesoul453
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Hmm....5% on Best Buy might be worth my while, the airline also. DW wants to fly out to KS.

I find it very dissapointing. Through shop discover, I can get %5 back any time of the year. Plus discover has %5 cash back on department stores and online shopping. Now that's a category.

I was looking for a discover card replacement with my chase freedom, but looks like discover will for sure still be my card of choice.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 6 of 9
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Next quarter my Chase Freedom will get no use.  The categories are so unappealing.  I'm not traveling nor staying in a hotel, and I have not shopped in Best Buy in forever, plus I've been even stepped foot in a Kohl's.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 7 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

don't forget to use your rewardzone number on any best buy purchases, you can earn 1-1.25% bonus pts even if you do use your freedom card instead of your bestbuy card. 

I love stacking reward programs, my best rewards came during this quarter, 5% on resturants + I registered my card at idine.com  a few local resturants are part of the program, I got 5% back after $250 in spending at there resturants it goes to 10% and now during the summer they are giving an extra $5 for each $100 spent so for some of my resturant spending I got 20% cash back on some resturants. idine rewards come on pre-paid amex gift cards once a month when you have more than $20 in rewards balance.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Wish I had known about idine.com. I'll have to check that out for the future. 

I hope they have bettercategories next year. Smiley Frustrated

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.