Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Question

tag
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Question

Hello everyone.  I recently applied for and was denied a Chase Freedom due to two collections on my Equifax credt report (medical) that I am trying to get PFD.  However, I pulled my TU credit report today from MyFico and those two collections are not showing.  Would Chase be willing to pull my TU report to get me approved, or would it be best to see if I can get the medical collections removed, and try to recon that way?

Thanks in advance everyone. 

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
melbaro
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Question

Definitely recon, explain your situation, and have them oull TU. You have a strong chance.

Message 2 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

Hello everyone.  I recently applied for and was denied a Chase Freedom due to two collections on my Equifax credt report (medical) that I am trying to get PFD.  However, I pulled my TU credit report today from MyFico and those two collections are not showing.  Would Chase be willing to pull my TU report to get me approved, or would it be best to see if I can get the medical collections removed, and try to recon that way?

Thanks in advance everyone. 

Never offer to PFD before DV imo, medical collections doesn't matter if it gets paid it must be deleted. Google Whychat Hippa process if you follow the steps properly you'll get it off 100%.

and I have to disagree with above poster, Chase is pretty strict they don't like seeing collections let alone unpaid unless you have a long relationship with them sometimes they work with you. They like to pull EQ and then EX so I really doubt they'll pull TU but worth a try your not losing anything but a little time for asking.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 21
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

I don't have a long relationship with them credit card wise, but they've been my bank for almost 10 years.  But I don't think Chase takes that into consideration. 

Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 4 of 21
melbaro
New Contributor

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

I don't have a long relationship with them credit card wise, but they've been my bank for almost 10 years.  But I don't think Chase takes that into consideration. 

Bring it up. If they pull TU, I believe you have a strong chance.

Message 5 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

I know they do, my dad has a business credit card Chase Ink with them for 12 years and got Approved for a Sapphire card with 1 unpaid collections and 2 paid collections on his reports at the time with a Fico of 666 since Sapphires are generally only limited to 720+ customers.  I also got approved for a Sapphire and Freedom even though my scores were 754 at the time my AAOA is barely 1.2 years when I apped, they generally don't approve 2 cards at once but I do have $50,000+ in my Chase banking accounts and they even told me that's why they were able to approve me. Chase is a very conservative bank when it comes to credit cards, even more than Amex from what I've been seeing. Especially with the generous sign on bonuses they want to ensure they get a chance at a good return investment on their new clients.

My clients in my list are 5 Chase branch managers and 1 district managers, they all verified that if you have more than $10,000 in banking with them that they take that into consideration as well and improves your chances a lot.

Message 6 of 21
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

When reconing do they automatically look this information up since they are only viewing the CR?  Or does it pull up in their system I have an account as well?

Message 7 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

When reconing do they automatically look this information up since they are only viewing the CR?  Or does it pull up in their system I have an account as well?

it should pull it up automatically, i know my banker at bank of america when I applied for a secured card last year looked at it and saw i had cards with them in the past while applying.

Message 8 of 21
p-
Valued Contributor

I've had great luck with Chase's Credit Analyst department regarding recon's.  The number listed for this in the backdoor sticky works great, and I posted about my experience this week.

Not only are they friendly and fair, but were also very forthcoming with the reasons why I was denied or approved.  It has really helped me focus my efforts on the items I know make a difference.  For example, last year an analyst told me they didn't want to give me Sapphire or a higher limit because I had too much new credit.  She pointed out the age of my new accounts, and the number of inquiries and said that she would like to see how I did with the new accounts before they extended more.  It was a reasonable and transparent conversation., the likes of which you would love to have with a banker but never do.

This time, with over a year on those accounts and a lot less inquiries, I was good to go to double my total CL.

With Chase, I would ALWAYS recon.  Even if you're not successful, you'll find out what they are worried about and know when you can app again successfully.

Message 9 of 21
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

YAY!  Reconned and GOT APPROVED!  $1000 limit!  Smiley Happy  Thank you everyone!  I could never have done it without you guys!  Gardening time.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.