Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Rates have 3 Tiers now

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom Rates have 3 Tiers now

The standard rate was 14.99%. Now I noticed

Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for purchases

Elite and Premium Pricing:a A 0% fixed APR for the first 12 billing cycles following the opening of your account. After that, 9.99% variableb for Elite Pricing, or 13.99% variable for Premium Pricing. Standard Pricing: A 0% fixed APR for the first 3 billing cycles following the opening of your account. After that, 18.99% variable.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Rates have 3 Tiers now

After reading your post I went to log on to Chase and they changed my interest rate.  So I am now at 13.99%.  I realize I am not yet at the "Elite" credit score level, but hey at least I am considered "premium" middle of the road--I'll take it!  I don't pay interest, but it is kinda cool anyway.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plasticguy wrote:

Elite and Premium Pricing:a A 0% fixed APR for the first 12 billing cycles following the opening of your account. After that, 9.99% variableb for Elite Pricing, or 13.99% variable for Premium Pricing. Standard Pricing: A 0% fixed APR for the first 3 billing cycles following the opening of your account. After that, 18.99% variable.

These rates appear to be for the regular Freedom card's non-Signature/Platinum versions.  I noticed that Chase also describes pricing and terms for the Chase Freedom Plus Signature and Platinum versions.   

Message 3 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@plasticguy wrote:

These rates appear to be for the regular Freedom card's non-Signature/Platinum versions.  I noticed that Chase also describes pricing and terms for the Chase Freedom Plus Signature and Platinum versions.   

My Chase Platinum Visa card has a purchase APR of 5.99% and a credit limit of $25K, though I don't pay them interest since I pay in full every month.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattH wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@plasticguy wrote:

My Chase Platinum Visa card has a purchase APR of 5.99% and a credit limit of $25K, though I don't pay them interest since I pay in full every month.

You can't complain about 5.99%!!!

Currently, my Chase Freedom Visa card has a purchase APR of 4.49%.  This account was opened in March of 1986, and I obviously later changed it to a Freedom card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.