Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon Approval FINALLY!!

tag
mario6585
Established Member

Chase Freedom Recon Approval FINALLY!!

So first off just wanted to say ive been lurking for quite sometime reading and rebuilding my credit and figured it was time to post about my journey to getting my chase freedom that I wanted for almost 2 years. And thanks to Myfico forums i have finally achieved it...Anyways a little bit about my credit

5 Paid in full Chargeoffs from Feb 2013 (Paypal mastercard, Target, HSBC, American eagle, Verizon.

1 chargeoff still showing from Dell for $2500.00..indispute because when I tried to pay it they said its in collections and there collection department says they don't see anything owed so long story short IM trying to give them money and they will not take it but they keep verifying my dispute(whole other story)

My AAOA was 8 years but went on a stupid comenity bank app spree and brought it down to 2.5 years

Then I applied for AMEX PRG NPSL and got approved and they backdated it to 1996 so that helped my AAOA a lot also applied for DeltaCard 1k and also backdated to 1996(PC'ed to BCE) so now AAOA is 4.5yrs

15 inquires EX 

6  inquires TU

4 inquires EQ

Home Mortgage $146,000

Ficos are between 670 to 690 on all reports

so heres a list of my cards I have gotten in past 4months

AMEX PRG NPSL

BCE 1k

Capitalone $800( 7 years old)was 700 but EQ bumped to 800 

Buckle $500

Express $250

Jcrew 250

Sportsman visa 2k

truevalue 500

Amazon storecard 600

Jcpennys 500

Macys 700

Lowes 600

Kays 2k

Just got target card approval for $400 even after the paid chargeoff with them

Walmart $600

Yes i know alot of stupid cards but thankfully most where Softpulls...anyways bring me to my chase freedom approval. Like i said i apllied many times for chase cards and always got declined but this time when i got declined for the Freedom card i said i would not take no for an answer and it paid off....When i was speaking to the rep he asked me about the Dell chargeoff and i answered him honestly and basically told him that i had the money to pay it but noone would take my money and i am in process of disputing it he then jsaid that it looks like i did a good job paying off the other chargeoffs and he will try see if he can push this app through..put me on hold for 5 mins then came back an said i see you have a AMEX BCE with a 1k limit and i said yea just got it 2 months ago he then said you know what since AMex was willing to take a chance with your chargeoff i think we will to and approved me for 1k limit !!Woohoo I couldnt believe my ears.....I wanted this card for so long and the fact i got it with a chargeoff and a few paid chargeoffs is unbelievable.. Anyways thanks for listening to me blab and tell my story hope it helps someone!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Recon Approval FINALLY!!

Message 2 of 7
CreditControl
Contributor

Awesome news!

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 3 of 7
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Woow u just gave me hope i want a chase freedom so bad but i dnt think they will accept me and i only have 1 paid collection and a paid charge off from 2009 both i think ur hostory is far better then mine though i just started building not even a year with one card
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Amex i didnt evne bother to try for i know it will be a decline so why bother ...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 6 of 7
mario6585
Established Member

Thanks everyone!! It was defintley the AMEX history that help me alot...thank god for backdating and amex for taking a chance on me.. now hopefully get some luv next week with BCE 3x cli Aug 2 will be 61 days!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.