Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon -- How did I do?

tag
puckguy23
Established Member

Chase Freedom Recon -- How did I do?

Kinda wondering about my Chase Freedom app at this point.

I called the backdoor recon number after getting an "under review" message. The very nice lady who answered the phone explained that my application had been denied because of a couple collections. Then she said, "but I see that these are old and have actually been paid, so would you like me to resubmit and get this overturned?" I allowed that, yes, that would be mighty fine. She came back and said "I wanted to approve this, but I was unable to verify your current address so I had to decline it."

Note: we JUST moved into our new home last week and I explained that. She said that if I could fax her a utility bill, note from the mortgage company, etc., showing the new address, she would be able to help. I was given a fax number and told to "call back later." So I faxed the documents with a letter explaining.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? What's the typical timeframe in a situation like this? Am I actually getting this card or is this just another hoop to jump through before a decline?

Starting Score: 507 EX
Current Score: 701 TU/694EQ/654EX(FAKO)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon -- How did I do?

What number did you call? i had some luck calling the exec #. Although it sounds like once she verifies your address she would like to approve you. I say fax it in, and then tomorrow call HER back. Try to get this particular womens contact info. I think Chase is very forgiving and they look past some mistakes people may have made. I believe you have a good chance.

Good luck! and please update once you know more.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 2 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingers crossed for you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 11
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Sounds like you'll get approved once you fax those doc's in.GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 11
puckguy23
Established Member

I called the regular backdoor number -- 888-270-2127. I'll try again in a day or so to see if they received the information.

Message 5 of 11
puckguy23
Established Member

Re: Chase Freedom Recon -- How did I do? UPDATED

So I called the recon number again...was on hold for a much longer period this time. This rep wasn't nearly as friendly, and I was told that they may have received my information that was faxed to them, but it hasn't updated in their system and to call back next week.

Feel like I'm just wasting my time with these guys...

Message 6 of 11
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon -- How did I do? UPDATED

Hang in there.  I know you'll get approved.  GL

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 11
squirrely2005
Contributor

They can't see on your credit report that you now have a mortgage? Rhetorical question but yeah hopefully it works out.

Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Give them a call on monday, and I would probably call the backdoor executive office #.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
spengbab
Regular Contributor

I'm sure you'll get it. I love my Chase Freedom. It's helped me save a LOT on gas this quarter! 

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.