Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon after denial

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Recon after denial

Sorry about the denial.  With new accounts on a thin file, all you can do is wait.  

Six months will be here quick.

Message 11 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mattayy wrote:

Damn it's a no go :/ The guy on the phone said that I have too many new accounts and that they want to see them age a little and to try again in 6 months and I will have a better chance. 

I stated my case and reasons why I had new accounts but the credit card I have had the longest (3 1/2 years) always paid in full never late doesn't show up on the equifax credit report only on experian. I wish it would have shown up because I also have a cap 1 card that i've PIF and never late for a little over 2 years now...

Sorry to hear but I'm not surprised.  Not all reconsiderations are successful as every situation is YEMV.  On the upside, they have provided you the reasons to work with in the event that you are still interested in obtaining this card.  Not sure how a small CL would have done much for you at this point (considering how Chase is about growing their CCs let alone a high APR).

Message 12 of 13
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

I'm a prime example of the sort of person lexie is talking about. I had a very thin file three cards all C1 last year and only a 2300$ cl across the board, now I have chase, discover, gecrb, amex, BoA, and dcu as well as a refinanced car loan@1.99% gardening really does work, and good things come too those who wait. The advice around here is very sound.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.