Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon attempt #2 Success

tag
Cubist
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Recon attempt #2 Success

I applied for a Chase Freedom card & got the 7-10 day message. I called the next day to recon and was told I had too many INQ and a high utilization. Denied. The high utilization is due to a large appliance purchase on a new Lowes card & the only reason it has a balance at all is because I was taking advantage of the financing deal they offered. My three other accounts have a ) balance. I attempted to explain that the majority of my INQ were mis-coded & were from my mortgage being shopped to different lenders. (I have 14 INQ in 2 years and at least 10-11 of them are from my recent mortgage process). The rep I got that day didn't’t seem to want to hear anything about it & seemed to be keeping to a script/ set of hard coded rules on approvals.

I decided that I would try again. I already had the hard pull, so I really had nothing to lose. Maybe I just got the wrong type of rep the first time. I explained all the same reasons for the INQ & utilization & was approved w/ a $1200 CL after a short hold.

Persistence pays with Chase I guess. If you don’t have recon success with them, try again. You may get a more flexible rep the second time around.

Now off to the garden for me!

VS- $500, BarclayCard - $1200, Lowes - $5000, Old Navy - $1400, CapOne - $200, Chase Freedom - $1200
Started My credit rebuilding 11/2012 (stating scores in the low/ mid-500s)
Current scores - EQ 690. TU 724, EQ 719
Closed on my first home 7/25/2013!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MyFico!
Gardening until 3/1/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon attempt #2 Success

Congratulations!

Yes...Persistence pays! When I got my Freedom it took 2 recon calls as well.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

I got that same message back in July. It wasn't a recon because they didn't say no. It was just a identity verification and they had questions about an account that had a high balance. I told them that it was 0% finance and the rest of my accounts had low or no balances. They liked that answer and were easy to deal with.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Danizzle
New Contributor

Instead of making a new thread I thought I"d bump this one with my question..

I know I saw in another topic that Chase requires 12 months of history as one of their requirements for a Freedom card. I'd like to get one for the quarterly rotating categories. I have a Sapphire card already, so does Chase want 12 months of history with that card or 12 months. AAoA? Or one account that's been open for a year?

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Danizzle

The 12 mo requirement is not set in stone and generally applies to new or rebuilding credit. If you already have their CS, no recent baddies you havent added too many ccs in the past 6 mos and your util is good I don't see a problem

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.