Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon

@Charmlessman wrote:

I will call her and ask what is the average CL she has seen while doing this. 

Is Chase to hard on issuing CLI? Please keep in mind I have no credit history, would having a Freedom card even with toy limit help in order to establish credit? I think I only need to have the 10k for application.

I will got to the garden soon but I want to have at least 2 cards, would you rather gardening 2 secure cards or 1 secured and 1 Chase Freedom?

Thanks in advance for your comments

CLI every 6 months would be reasonable.

It would be great at establishing your credit, and unlike a secured card. Right after you open the account, you can pull the funds back out.

Freedom is a great credit card that will grow with you.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 13
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

That cap 1 doesn't report as secured. I would deposit into the cap 1 until it is maxed(3k) so in the future, other lenders will consider that CL when extending you a line. BoA has a secured card that normally unsecures at 1 year and has a fairly generous starter's limit.
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 12 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
If having 10k just to get approved for a toy limit, might as well use that money and open up a secured card.

I'd probably use half of it and open a secured card, garden it for a year and get whatever prime card I wanted then.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.