Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom Recon

I was denied for a Chase Freedom card 3 months ago. Since then my scores have rebounded a bit. What score level should I wait for before calling the recon line? I called it after my initial rejection. At the time they had my score as 607 and I believe it was an Ex score that was partially tweaked by them. I am thinking I will call the recon when my score gets to the 660 range. Does that sound reasonable? I have one baddie on my report. It is an old BofA creditcard which was closed in 2010 and settled for less than the total. My most recend delinquency on that was 3 years ago. I had a federal lien but that has been deleted from my reports, Credit sesame has my fako score at 691 now. As I said I am thinking of waiting til my Eq fico is around 660 and then calling. Does that make sense or do I have a shot sooner? My score now I estimate at around 635 or 640. I am too cheap to pay to find out exactly what it is. I am waiting for my free DCU score and free walmart TU scores to come out.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Recon

Congrats on getting that lien withdrawn! How long have you had the cards in your siggy?
Message 2 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

You want to recon a denial from 3 months ago? I would just work on the scores/baddies and then re-apply. I am not sure they would recon an application that old.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 10
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Ok I gotcha. I got the other 2 cards in jan and feb.

Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase likes to see a min 6 mos revolving credit and depending on the profile even a year.
Message 6 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

You can't recon after that long. You can re-apply though. With a baddie on the report, I will let the scorest get above 680 before I pull the trigger.

@dddewdrop wrote:

I was denied for a Chase Freedom card 3 months ago. Since then my scores have rebounded a bit. What score level should I wait for before calling the recon line? I called it after my initial rejection. At the time they had my score as 607 and I believe it was an Ex score that was partially tweaked by them. I am thinking I will call the recon when my score gets to the 660 range. Does that sound reasonable? I have one baddie on my report. It is an old BofA creditcard which was closed in 2010 and settled for less than the total. My most recend delinquency on that was 3 years ago. I had a federal lien but that has been deleted from my reports, Credit sesame has my fako score at 691 now. As I said I am thinking of waiting til my Eq fico is around 660 and then calling. Does that make sense or do I have a shot sooner? My score now I estimate at around 635 or 640. I am too cheap to pay to find out exactly what it is. I am waiting for my free DCU score and free walmart TU scores to come out.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 10
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

ok thanks for the advice. Back to the garden go I....

Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got a $5k Freedom with a 637 FICO on the third recon attempt. I also have revolving accounts dating back to 07 with no baddies.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

Ok I gotcha. I got the other 2 cards in jan and feb.

wait till those accounts are 6 months i would say Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.