Contributor
AwwwYeee

Chase Freedom Recon

I've been banking with Chase for about 6-7 years now and while I was there the banker informed me I was pre-approved for a Chase Freedom card.  I kinda want to try my luck and just apply for it. I'm pretty sure I'll get denied cause I have like 8 inquiries on my CR. I know its different for everyone cause everyones CS and CR are different but if i were to recon what type of basic questions would they ask? If anyone who was reconed with Chase has any advice please help. Thanks!

FICO: 615 (1/14)
Current: 634 (3/14)
GOAL: 700+

Gardening till 7/15/14
Established Contributor
Involver

Re: Chase Freedom Recon

In my recon phone call I had to explain the circumstances surrounding an old (6 yrs) collection account on CR and my UTL was a little higher than they would've liked but had a rational explanation for that also.  Try to sell yourself without sounding needy for credit.  Highlight things like a strong payment history over X # of years, your interest in building a broader financial relationship with Chase in addition to banking, etc ... In short, give them reasons to want to have you as a customer.  Those are things that worked for me, anyways.  Good luck!

EX08: 793 | EQ08: 782 | TU08: 795
Contributor
AwwwYeee

Involver wrote:

In my recon phone call I had to explain the circumstances surrounding an old (6 yrs) collection account on CR and my UTL was a little higher than they would've liked but had a rational explanation for that also.  Try to sell yourself without sounding needy for credit.  Highlight things like a strong payment history over X # of years, your interest in building a broader financial relationship with Chase in addition to banking, etc ... In short, give them reasons to want to have you as a customer.  Those are things that worked for me, anyways.  Good luck!

Sweet! thanks for the advice.. Hopefully I'll be able to get approved!

FICO: 615 (1/14)
Current: 634 (3/14)
GOAL: 700+

Gardening till 7/15/14
Senior Contributor
yudeology101

Chase is really good w/ recons,  did you already pulled the trigger?  Banking w/ Chase would really help, too.  Let us know how it turns out, we're pulling for ya.  BTW, what's your profile like?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $5k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $3.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | TJX $1.55k | +6more
Scores: EQ:660 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *6-20-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 5/10/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+