Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon

tag
rbizzle
Contributor

Chase Freedom Recon

Just a week or 2 ago i posted about a friend getting the 7-10 message on the chase freedom card.  Well it ultimatly got denied.  So i said call back and she did.  So she said that her application had gotten denied and she was wondering if there was any room for reconsideration.  The rep said hold on for 2 minutes for me.  She came back on and said ok approved for a 4k limit.  Who knew reconning was so easy!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Recon

Wow congrats! From denial to $4k CL is huuuge. Do you know what your friend's credit is like?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, do you know why she was denied first?

Message 3 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, do you know why she was denied first?

+1

Nothing to 4K is pretty significant!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is awesome.  My recon was from nothing to $1000, ha.  Congrats to your friend!

Message 5 of 12
rbizzle
Contributor

Her scores were around 700ish like 3 or 4 inq. The reason for denial was bc she had gotten the CSP back in November. They said too many accounts with chase. So they didn't even pull a report according to the rep. I guess that's good info for others if u just recently opened something with chase it might not be a hard pull on a second app if denied. Kinda sounds like an Amex move right there
Message 6 of 12
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Omg good information. I am similar to her. I opened a Slate back in november and have been afraid to app for a CSP because of the recent app. Can I ask if she was low 700s or mid?
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbizzle wrote:
Her scores were around 700ish like 3 or 4 inq. The reason for denial was bc she had gotten the CSP back in November. They said too many accounts with chase. So they didn't even pull a report according to the rep. I guess that's good info for others if u just recently opened something with chase it might not be a hard pull on a second app if denied. Kinda sounds like an Amex move right there

That's good to know.  I recently applied for the Freedom for the cash back bonus, but I have also been eyeing the Sapphire.

Message 8 of 12
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Well, I apped for a Sapphire Preferred and was denied after recon. It was a HP despite opening a Slate back in November

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 12
rbizzle
Contributor

I think they were lower 700's but I'm definently happy for her!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.