Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Refer-a-Friend Question

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom Refer-a-Friend Question

Hey guys,

Quick question: What has been your experience with the email referral wait time? I suggested a friend of mine apply for the Freedom. I thought it was the best card for them at this point in their credit journey and I'm a big fan of Chase. Turns out they also prequalified for a Freedom. Then coincidently I got an email from Chase alerting me to the refer-a-friend program this week. I sent them the Freedom referral email through Chase Wednesday. It's still not gotten there after nearly 5 days. I know the website says it can take up to a week. Though I just can't see why. Anyway, for people who have recently used the Freedom email referral link since they stopped Facebook and Twitter links (even though they're still available for CSP), how long has it taken for your recipient to receive it? My friend has graciously offered to wait a week but I've read stories of it taking longer than a week and even not showing up at all. I'd hate to have them wait for nothing. I'd like to gauge whether or not to tell my friend to just app without it so as not to waste more time for possibly nothing. Thanks! 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Refer-a-Friend Question

I have the same issue. Sent my friend my CSP refer a friend link more than a week ago and he hasn't received the email. I've tried resending it multiple times and it still never gets to him. I wonder if it's a system error or something but it's taking really long. 

Message 2 of 4
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Yeah, I feel your frustration. It's a bit much to expect friends and family to wait a week or more with no hard date to apply so you can benefit while they get nothing. The one thing I can tell you is CSP still offers sending the link by Twitter and Facebook which from what I understand is instantaneous. They don't have to have Twitter or FB either you just need it to produce a link. I checked my CSP today and the option was available. I would be really interested to know why they cut that referral option from Freedom but not Sapphire.
FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 3 of 4
Bowzer
Frequent Contributor

I sent one to the DD, we waited a week and she never received the email. After a week I sent it again, only this time twice, one right after the other. After about 24 hours she received both request, one was in her regular inbox and the other was in her spam folder. I'm thinking its going to be a glitch in the system, I would just keep trying. After her first use of the card, it took me three billing statements before I was given the bonus on UR page. Good Luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.