Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom, Should I Apply?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom, Should I Apply?

@SALEEN961 wrote:

If you all think the util on my amazon card is that only thing they'd be concerned with then I think what I'll do is apply with the high balance (all from this month, nothing rolled over) and if I get denied I'll pay if off and call in for a recon, but if I get approved with the high balance I'll pay it off after I'm approved and call in for a recon on my credit limit citing that after applying I realized that the high balance on my Amazon card may have influenced where they set my new limit. I think I might be able to get a higher initial CL this way.

Sound like a good plan?

No, not at all. 

-Chase will pull another report for a recon

-Your likely to get declined and have to recon

-Your likely to get a toy limit if approved

I would most definitely PIF the Amazon card, you'll have the best chance to get a good CL on the freedom.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@LS

Shaking my head! OP really wants us to agree lol
Message 12 of 31
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@SALEEN961 wrote:

If you all think the util on my amazon card is that only thing they'd be concerned with then I think what I'll do is apply with the high balance (all from this month, nothing rolled over) and if I get denied I'll pay if off and call in for a recon, but if I get approved with the high balance I'll pay it off after I'm approved and call in for a recon on my credit limit citing that after applying I realized that the high balance on my Amazon card may have influenced where they set my new limit. I think I might be able to get a higher initial CL this way.

Sound like a good plan?

I still would pay down that Amazon card first and then apply. Like this the chances of getting a higher limit is bigger and you do not have to waste a 2nd pull for CLI..whatever you do - good luck!

Message 13 of 31
SALEEN961
Valued Member

Ok so deffinately pay the balance down first, got it. I thought what I was thinking of doing made sense but I guess I was dead wrong, this is exactly why I'm posting here, lol, thanks for the advice guys.

Discover IT 38.5K | AMEX BCE 20K | AMEX BCE Preffered 25K | PayPal Extras MC 10K
Chase Freedom Visa Signature 25K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 24.1K | Chase Amazon 13.5K

EX FICO: 788 Amex
EQ FICO: 796 DCU
TU FICO: 817 Chase
Message 14 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@SALEEN961 wrote:

Ok so deffinately pay the balance down first, got it. I thought what I was thinking of doing made sense but I guess I was dead wrong, this is exactly why I'm posting here, lol, thanks for the advice guys.

(Cue Freedom app in 3........................2............................1....................................................)

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 31
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Chase freedom has 0% apr for 15 months. You should PIF your Amazon Chase card and then use BT checks if you really want the cash. Mind you BT would cost you 3% in fee. Which is better than your current APR on Amazon card

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 16 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 31
SALEEN961
Valued Member

"We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days."

I guess I'll have to call in to find out what the hang up is. I submitted the app right after my payment was reflected in my available credit (a few hours after my payment initially posted).

Discover IT 38.5K | AMEX BCE 20K | AMEX BCE Preffered 25K | PayPal Extras MC 10K
Chase Freedom Visa Signature 25K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 24.1K | Chase Amazon 13.5K

EX FICO: 788 Amex
EQ FICO: 796 DCU
TU FICO: 817 Chase
Message 18 of 31
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Its not going to reflect on your credit report if you paid it off and applied right after. I think what everyone was trying to suggest to you is that payoff the amazon balance, wait for that to hit your CR, showing a 0 or near 0 balance, then apply for the card. So while you did pay off your balance, chase isn't going to know that. And like the others have said, if you call back to recon, then it's another HP.
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 19 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

@SALEEN961 wrote:

"We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days."

I guess I'll have to call in to find out what the hang up is. I submitted the app right after my payment was reflected in my available credit (a few hours after my payment initially posted).

What they meant was to pay it down, WAIT for statement to report the balance to CRAs, have the CRAs update, THEN apply.

Anyways what's done is done.

Best of luck!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.