Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Signature

tag
CarnegieS
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Signature

@blondy250 wrote:
As someone who has visa sig, and world MasterCard without asking (including chase) are the many people seemingly obsessed with them EVER going to use any of the benefits or even know what they are. As someone who travels frequently and has a decent income I've never used any of the minuscule benefits offered. It seems like it's the new status symbol on this board just like the CSP was to the uninformed. Just my opinion.

Not sure if it was the world mastercard ot the visa sig, but one of them offers buy one get one movie tickets(once every 30 days). Other than that though I agree the other benefits don't  look all that great. 

Amex Delta Gold: $5400| BofA Better Balance: $1500 | Sallie Mae: $1300 | Discover It: $500
719 TU, 685 EQ, 728 Ex.
Entered the garden : 5/8/14
Message 11 of 23
One7
Valued Contributor

I think for a lot of people it is sort of a status symbol, but not to brag or show off, simply to show the world or their friends that they've got good credit and have worked hard to get it. Sure to some they didn't screw up their credit but to others, myself included,  we did screw our credit up early and all we could get was crap cards like Credit One and now we got not just good or great cards, but signature cards. It feels great to pay for lunch with a signature card, at least that's from my point of view. 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 12 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:
As someone who has visa sig, and world MasterCard without asking (including chase) are the many people seemingly obsessed with them EVER going to use any of the benefits or even know what they are. As someone who travels frequently and has a decent income I've never used any of the minuscule benefits offered. It seems like it's the new status symbol on this board just like the CSP was to the uninformed. Just my opinion.

Such generalizations are fairly pointless IMO.  It's impossible to say whether the benefits would matter to the OP with the information provided.  Each has to do whatever works for the individual even if the individual places "status"/"prestige"/etc as the priority.  I wouldn't agree with that but it's not my credit and not my wallet.  You can't just assume that benefits wouldn't help anyone just because you see them as insignificant and don't use them.

Message 13 of 23
p-
Valued Contributor

blondy250 wrote:... It seems like it's the new status symbol on this board just like the CSP was to the uninformed....

Way to come off like a superior...  nevermind.  

Look, any benefit that is free of charge, no matter how seldom used, is a plus in my book.  I've used the concierge a few times while travelling to save me the hassle of last minute reservation legwork.  And the Chase Signature travel insurance is definitely a plus.  Also, who wouldn't turn down free hotel upgrades?

At the end of it, status symbol or not, free bennies are nice.  And so is achieving personal benchmarks in the road to credit repair.  Even if someone never uses the benefits, kudos to them for progressing to the point where they qualify.

Message 14 of 23
blondy250
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@blondy250 wrote:

Such generalizations are fairly pointless IMO.  It's impossible to say whether the benefits would matter to the OP with the information provided.  Each has to do whatever works for the individual even if the individual places "status"/"prestige"/etc as the priority.  I wouldn't agree with that but it's not my credit and not my wallet.  You can't just assume that benefits wouldn't help anyone just because you see them as insignificant and don't use them.

Im not assuming anything, its MY opinion based on my reading as I clearly stated. I'm sorry I seemed to upset you, lets just agree to diagree shall we.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 15 of 23
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

All points well taken......like many started out with Cap1 and Credit One after divorce.  I now have a Wold MC and 3 Visa Siggy's, makes me feel good, I won't lie but I would have been just as happy with the CC and CL had they not been "prestigious" cards.  I think merchants notice very little, a lot  of the time I swipe the card myself and the merchant doesn't even know it is a World card or signature card.   There are travel benefits I have used like the car rental ins waiver and room upgrade,  but could have made out without them.   I wonder if having these designations make any differences on applications.

Message 16 of 23
amakol
Regular Contributor

The majority of people I know don't seem to know or care about a Visa Sig vs. regular Visa, and I doubt whatever benefits are included are being used that much.

If you feel you will take advantage of the perks, more power to you. Otherwise I agree the amount of talk about Siggy's is way out of proportion to how much they really offer, plus you only need one. It's being associated with prestige like having an Amex.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 17 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I just got it confirmed that I am moving from a Visa Sig (Citi Premier) to a Plat Visa (Citi Dividend).  How can I cope with loss of status!

Message 18 of 23
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

1. I've never tried to take advantage of any of the perks/services that Visa Signature/World MasterCard offer. Hell, until recently I didn't even know there were different tiers of Visa/MC. I had a World MC (AAdvantage) for years and didn't even know about the benefits
  2. I'm sure that you'd have to jump thru hoops to actually take advantage of said benefits
  3. Why not get the best possible version of a product you already have if it is available to you at no cost?
  4. I love having the words "Signature" or "World" on my Visa/MC

Message 19 of 23
amakol
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
  1. I've never tried to take advantage of any of the perks/services that Visa Signature/World MasterCard offer. Hell, until recently I didn't even know there were different tiers of Visa/MC. I had a World MC (AAdvantage) for years and didn't even know about the benefits
  2. I'm sure that you'd have to jump thru hoops to actually take advantage of said benefits
  3. Why not get the best possible version of a product you already have if it is available to you at no cost?
  4. I love having the words "Signature" or "World" on my Visa/MC

1. Agreed, true for many.

2. Probably.

3. If 1 and 2 are the case then how is the Signature really any better for practical purposes? The card is only an advantage if you use the perks and can do it with ease, that's how they market it.

4. This is the real reason for much of the appeal. Visa/MC are in on it. This was launched to compete with Amex. Nothing wrong with vanity but let's call a spade a spade.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.