Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom... Sneaky, Chase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom... Sneaky, Chase!

I noticed today something very interesting in my Chase Freedom account...

Normally, a transaction shows as pending for some time. The amount of the transaction does not show in the "Outstanding Balance" amount, but will typically come out of the "Available Credit" amount. After some time, it moves over into the transactions list, where I assumed it would immediately show in the "Outstanding Balance" field.

Not so.

Today a transaction posted (Gas) that shows a transaction date and the posted date - today - but the amount is not included in Outstanding Balance.

Not a big deal for me, and I'm sure this is probably normal, but some folks may find the info useful.

$0.02

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
nick125
Valued Member

Re: Chase Freedom... Sneaky, Chase!

Yeah, I always find it odd when Available + Outstanding != Credit Line. What I've noticed is that transactions will typically show up under the Pending Transactions, then when they post, the amount won't be reflected in the Outstanding balance for 24 hours or so. 

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 2 of 3
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom... Sneaky, Chase!

what ive noticed from using my chase freedom and amazon in the past year is that the day the transaction posts to your account from the pending status it will reflect the outstanding balance sometime around 9:30pm-10pm that day

amazon
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.