Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Success - 3rd Time's the Charm

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Success - 3rd Time's the Charm

Card just arrived on Monday! Very excited. I got approved without recon for $1000 with 19 new inquiries on my report and 4 revolving accounts the longest being not quite a year. My EQ score is 656!!

I am loving the benefits and hoping that I can get CLI's as time goes on. I always PIF and never run up much of a balance each month.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Success - 3rd Time's the Charm

@Anonymous wrote:

Card just arrived on Monday! Very excited. I got approved without recon for $1000 with 19 new inquiries on my report and 4 revolving accounts the longest being not quite a year. My EQ score is 656!!

I am loving the benefits and hoping that I can get CLI's as time goes on. I always PIF and never run up much of a balance each month.

I think I did very good job on my recon with 7 INQs. Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I was not expecting an approval. Total shock!

Message 3 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

19 INQs, you broke my record.

I have 10 INQs on my EQ, but that's because I opened Alliant, USAA, Charles Schwab, AMEX FSB, and DCU deposit accounts. For some reason they all hard pulled me even though I did not ask for any credit (AMEX FSB hard pulled me twice for no reason). 

Message 4 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

Haha! Great success! I remember when Chase turned me down for the Freedom with Fico scores more than 100 points higher than yours and one recent inquiry and seven years of total history. I argued with them on the phone but they wouldn't approve me. Then, the second time was a charm with instant approval. Nonetheless, I strictly use their card for the 5% and hope that they'll lose money on me! Freedom is a good card but I dislike Chase and their stubbornness Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I felt the same way about Chase and thought if they don't approve me after the first try they can have their cards. When I first applied I had an EQ of 720 with almost 6mths of revolving history. I was shocked when they denied me. Then the 2nd time and then I thought well I'll apply and recon and it worked. They are quite stupid. I don't know if they don't realize it but I'm the same guy you turned down months ago! I am happy with the card and it's services though and I'm glad now to be a Chase customer. Wishing I could be a Discover customer though.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a Chase Slate card a few months back and was declined. I recieved the decline letter in the mail and it said that I was declined because I already had a Chase Slate card.  I called and spoke with them and they told me I had a Chase card that went into collections and was written off a couple years back. I told them I had never had a Chase card of any sort and asked if they pulled my credit report; they told me know. I argued and said I was looking at a credit report from EQ, EX, and TU and Chase was nowhere to be found.  Long story short they told me regardless of what my credit report showed since thier systems showed I had an account with them that had gone into collections and was wrote off that they wouldnt approve.

What gives?

Message 7 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

I was also approved for Chase Freedom recently, I think Chase is probably using money now on there debit card programs so they are uincrease there credit card holders to suplement, thats the only thing I can think of and was happy I was approved for $2,000 with  $200 bonus

Message 8 of 10
sobreezy
Contributor

After boosting my scores to their current levels I am wondering whether or not I'd be approved for Chase Freedom card.  I don't want to get denied but would like to have a good card that rewards you for its use. 

MyFako scores EX 594, EQ 553, TU 589 as of 10 Jun 11
myFICO EQ 614 TU 599 EX 644
Goal 700 by March 30 2015
Message 9 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Chase Slate card a few months back and was declined. I recieved the decline letter in the mail and it said that I was declined because I already had a Chase Slate card.  I called and spoke with them and they told me I had a Chase card that went into collections and was written off a couple years back. I told them I had never had a Chase card of any sort and asked if they pulled my credit report; they told me know. I argued and said I was looking at a credit report from EQ, EX, and TU and Chase was nowhere to be found.  Long story short they told me regardless of what my credit report showed since thier systems showed I had an account with them that had gone into collections and was wrote off that they wouldnt approve.

What gives?

This SAME exact thing happened to me within the past month.  I told them I never had an account with them but that I've had 2 car loans through them paid off early and still on my reports.  I told them I'm an AU on one of their cards and there's nothing on my credit report indicating I ever had an account/collectons account with them.  The only thing I could think of was an old Providian-->WaMu-->Chase card but they said no, it was an original Chase card that had gone to collections (not true).

I recon-ed and was just approved as of yesterday.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.