Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Success

Applied for Chase Freedom yesterday, scores range from 570-603 I was originally not approved but called for a recon.  The underwriter approved me for 500 after explaining some things and sweet talking her a bit.  I called the next day to say that I was dissatisfied with Capital One and wanted to bring all my revolving debt to Chase.  The rep said she would need to pull credit again to see about a CLI I agreed and that came back denied.  I started small talking her a bit and then asked her for another recon, she put me on hold then came back a few minutes later and asked some questions.  After the second hold period she came back on the line and said that I was approved for an immediate CLI to 2500, I consider this a success even though my CR was pulled twice.  The inquiry won't pull me down for too long and the affect it has will be outweighed by the increase in available credit.  Also this is my only Visa.  I have Capital One Platinum with the ubiquitous 500 limit and I'm happy that I was able to get a higher limit on a better card.

Thank you to the members of this forum, I have been lurking for a while and submitting GW to my past creditors and some of the things I have read in this forum are finally paying off.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Success

That's very nice for that card with that score.  One thing I have learned is persistance pays off with Chase.  You just can't take what they tell you the first time, keep prodding them to get what you want.

Message 2 of 4
learnin113
Established Contributor

Congrats!

It looks like if you haven't burnt Chase in the past...u have a great chance at recon.  Burn em 500 years ago, they will scorn at your 720 score and 10%UTI.  Oiii. (Yes, I'm bitter). Heehee.

Message 3 of 4
qc-ttns
Established Member

very nice! congrats. I am itching to app for a freedom..

Starting Score: 579
Current Score: 713
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.