cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Available Today?

tag
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Available Today?

I have a feeling Chase Customer Service Reps are about to start working overtime lol. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 31 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp I got a yes for the product change. SM is the way to go!

We are pleased to inform you that you can convert your
account to the Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature card. We'd
be happy to assist you with a card that better suits your
needs. Please review the following information before we
process your request.

* Terms:
Customers earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
with no minimums to redeem for cash back. Your Freedom
Unlimited card comes with Chase Ultimate Rewards, our
premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for
travel, gift cards, cash back and more. Product includes a
3% foreign transaction fee for any transactions made in a
foreign currency or made outside of the United States of
America, including some internet transactions. Your
account number, balance transfer offers and Annual
Percentage Rate won?t change as a result of the product
change.

Message 32 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just given the ok to PC a 12 year old Chase Flexible Rewards card that I haven't used in years!  Did it thru SM, now hopefully they'll transfer some CL from another card.

Message 33 of 176
baller4life
Super Contributor

So let me get this straight. When you pc you will get the $150 signup bonus as well as the 0% apr for 15 months? I've never seen that before.
Message 34 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

No that's not correct. The person who originally posted that SM mentioned that he had just gotten approved for the freedom recently and hadn't received the bonus on that account yet so it just transferred over...no bonus on my 12 year old account unfortunately lol
Message 35 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

We should try to keep the freedom unlimited posts together.

It would be awesome if Chase would let anyone PC any chase card to the FU.

Message 36 of 176
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I just sent a message asking if I could convert my Slate.

Message 37 of 176
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@colinstu wrote:

Why would anyone want this card? There are lots of other 1.5% even 2% cards out there. 

I hope they don't make normal Freedom cards into one of these, I enjoy the 5% categories (there's some overlap with my Discover, but some quarters there are nice differences). 

A) Perhaps they burned Citi

B) Perhaps they burned Capital one

C) Perhaps they burned both of them

D) Don't like Citi

E) Don't like Capital one ( I am not fond of them)

F) Don't want 3 pulls automatically ( Capital One) and Chase could do Double or triple but they don't do it for every app

G) Like Chase?

H) Whatever other reason a person could want to do it

Personally I don't use my freedom much and even my slate has even less usage. My plan is to PC my Slate to this new card though and then PC my CS to a Slate or something a few months later once I pay off the BT I have on it with 0% APR

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 38 of 176
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget to plan ahead and make sure that the PC to FU makes sense for you. If most of your spend is on gas and groceries then you may want to wait until the next quarter is over (july) to get 5%.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/calendarreminder

Message 39 of 176
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't forget to plan ahead and make sure that the PC to FU makes sense for you. If most of your spend is on gas and groceries then you may want to wait until the next quarter is over (july) to get 5%.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/calendarreminder

Meh even at 5% IDC lol. I have moved all my spending to my Citi DC and rather just get a flat 2% CB. Right now moving all my spending to my travel cards so my CB cards will be in the SD. Might move some of my spending onto the new Chase FU I think

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 40 of 176
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.