Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase is sure popular lately. The 5x isn't unlimited anyway right? ... But 30k easy UR a year gone would be crummy!  

I would like to see some new cards from other banks! Amex in particular and some changes with cap1. 

Still beating myself up for missing out on the Crystal Visa Infinite! The one card with trim level above Visa Signature. Lol. How's that for being a gas bag.

Bad PR is still PR I bet chase is getting a crap load of apps right now.... 

Its capped at the first 1.5k spend per quarter. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 91 of 218
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I hope they'll be doing PCs to this from the original Freedom.  This wouldn't be something I would ever apply for, but I would actually consider shifting all of my miscellaneous spend to this from Citi DC since it will be viable at Costco and their redemption threshhold is lower than Citi's (2000 vs 2500 pts respectively).

Message 92 of 218
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Reading this discussion, it occurs to me that there are millions of people all over the country that don't give three shakes about this stuff, and would get a headache just trying to understand this thread. We're weird.

I agree.  I know many people that are fine with one card.  The only time my sis gets another card, is when she has charged way too much, and wants zero percent.  And she does not realize the need for zero percent until a few bills come in.  She then closes the old card.  She does not often bother to sign up for the 5%.  This shows me the general population trends (and yes, she thinks we are weird Smiley Wink).

Signature needs updating
Message 93 of 218
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase was outshined by Discover in the 5% categories and bonus shopping portals.  Sounds like theyre switching competition to compete with Capital One and the QS.  Sad thing is they cant seem to innovate.  Instead of copying I wish they'd come up with a unique program.

Message 94 of 218
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase was outshined by Discover in the 5% categories and bonus shopping portals.  Sounds like theyre switching competition to compete with Capital One and the QS.  Sad thing is they cant seem to innovate.  Instead of copying I wish they'd come up with a unique program.

Yes, the Freedom categories have largely been either identical or worse than Discover for a long time. I'm tired of them copying eachother. They have both been doing the same categories throughout the year for years now. It is time for some type of change, and if they don't want to give different 5% categories, going flat rate makes some sense.

Discover already has a flat 1.5% card, so I assume they'd keep their 5% rotating card but who knows?

Message 95 of 218
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I haven't really been happy with Chase since the old days and quite a long time ago, when I used to have a MC with them with an APR of Prime Rate+1.65%, that they RJ'd and so I closed it out (it would have been 5.15% V today, if it was still open)  Smiley Frustrated  The Chase cards offered today have way, way too high APRs for my liking, even with the 5% rotating categories.  And so I would rather use my FNBO Amex at 6.50% V APR with unlimited 1.5% cashback, than use my Chase Freedom with an APR over 20% V with the 5% rotating categories. 

Message 96 of 218
j615
Regular Contributor

I for one, am thrilled for details to come and would app for this rumored card. I have a CSP and never wanted the current Freedom since I haven't convinced myself to care for rotating categories.
Message 97 of 218
Ron1
Super Contributor

I searched on the web. I found the website.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-28-at-6.47.04-AM.jpg

http://angelinatravels.boardingarea.com/2016/02/28/6099/

It is very interesting. I don't know it has annual fee. I used to have Chase Freedom Plus VS. They used to charge $29 AF.

Ron.

Message 98 of 218
EdMan63
Established Contributor

This would work for me if we can PC our existing Freedoms. I've been wanting a Discover card but I'm hesitant to add another category card. Just got my QS so another 1.5% CB doesn't thrill me but if I can still combine it with CSP then great. 

Message 99 of 218
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I love the cobalt blue card!!
Message 100 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.