Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: URe: Chase Freedom Unlimited

@darkfrosty wrote:
Nice. Going to get the freedom unlimited and keep my current freedom and csp. Love UR points. Wish they would make a premium travel card to compete with citi prestige and platinum Amex besides the palladium.

The Ritz card is basically in that category, but sadly it does not earn URs. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 211 of 218
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see any definitive information in the Reuters link that says the 1.5% card will offer URs, as opposed to just plain cash back.

Am I overlooking something? Or is everyone just assuming the points will be URs?

Message 212 of 218
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would this card be the best replacement for my Costco AMEX when Costco transitions to Visa? 
I'm trying to decide between the CO QS, Fidelity Rewards, and Chase Unlimted. (I never travel if that helps)
I was planning on just using the Costco Citi Visa for gas when the lines aren't atrocious. (3%) 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 213 of 218
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would this card be the best replacement for my Costco AMEX when Costco transitions to Visa? 
I'm trying to decide between the CO QS, Fidelity Rewards, and Chase Unlimted. (I never travel if that helps)
I was planning on just using the Costco Citi Visa for gas when the lines aren't atrocious. (3%) 

Thanks Smiley Happy

There's pros and cons to all of those options:

Capital One Quicksilver will require three HPs, but once you have the card, it seems easy to grow with CLIs.  It has no FTF (although moot since travel isn't how you'll use it), There is a $100 sign-up bonus (for $500 in spend) and you can redeem cash back in any amount at any time, plus your cash back is accessible immediately (no waiting for the statement to close).

Fidelity Rewards Visa requires that you have a Cash Management account with Fidelity (to get the full 2% cash back) that you transfer your points to once you reach 5000 (or $50 in cash back).  From that point, you can transfer the money to your external bank account.  It's a few extra steps that may or may not be worth it for an extra .5% in cash back.  Depending on how frequently (or infrequently) you plan to use it will determine how quickly you can access that cash back.  The Cash Management account with Fidelity is essentially a free checking account with an ATM card, which they will reimburse all ATM fees for.  That may sweeten the pot for some people, others may find it to be just another annoying step in obtaining your credit card rewards.

Chase Freedom Unlimited hasn't really been launched yet, so we have no idea if there's going to be a sign-up bonus and what some of the finer details of the terms and conditions are going to be.  It will be more valuable if you value UR points and use them in tandem with other UR cards (CSP or Ink) for travel related purchases via Chase's portal, otherwise it's 1.5% cash back on all purchases like Capital One QS and like QS, they claim you'll be able to redeem cash at any amount (no redemption thresholds.

Costco Citi Visa is also kind of a wild card, but it seems like the reward structure will be exactly the same as the TE card.  If you used the TE  a lot, it may be worth it to just stick with Citi's new offering, although I presume it will still be a situation where you get your cash back as an annual coupon (annoying) and we probably won't earn more than 1% back for spend in Costco stores just like the TE.

Smiley Happy

Message 214 of 218
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy

Honestly I just apped for the Citi Hilton visa sig card to use at Costco and get me some free HHonors points for some free nights Smiley Happy 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 215 of 218
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see any definitive information in the Reuters link that says the 1.5% card will offer URs, as opposed to just plain cash back.

Am I overlooking something? Or is everyone just assuming the points will be URs?

I saw an article from nerdwallet or something that did say UR points and it was written on March 1st

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 216 of 218
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not

12829335_810924085697015_1007512637734574890_o.jpg

Message 217 of 218
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ah hell, another easy 15+ month 0% financing offer.

Come on UCI get your poop into, well, this millenium and start accepting credit card payments!

        
Message 218 of 218
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.