Not applicable

Chase Freedom Upcoming Bonus Categories

I came across this today:

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Upcoming Bonus Categories

Thanks psychic for the list!  I was looking a few days ago for what the 5% categories would be.
Message 2 of 19
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

At first, I read the title as "bogus" categories. Smiley Tongue Thanks for this though, it helped me decide against apping the Chase. Since I rent and live carless in the city, most of those categories aren't any use to me.
Message 3 of 19
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@LisaPA wrote:
At first, I read the title as "bogus" categories. Smiley Tongue Thanks for this though, it helped me decide against apping the Chase. Since I rent and live carless in the city, most of those categories aren't any use to me.

Thats basically what it is, bogus.  I switched my purchases to my Discover.  They've always had the better customer service, now they have the better rewards, or at least the same rewards, to match.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I came across this today:

Thanks psychic  Smiley Happy     The followings are Discover More 5% Cashback Bonus categories.  

The Discover More has promotional category in March.   Last year in February, the Discover More had Pets Stores as promotional category for Valentine's Day.   I wonder ??? will Chase offers promotional category like Discover More or not ????

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $800 in purchases from January through March on:

• Airlines
  • Car Rentals
  • Hotels
  • Cruises
  •  

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $200 in purchases throughout  March at:

• Grocery Stores
  • Drug Stores

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $400 in purchases from April through June at:

• Home Improvement Stores
  • Department Stores
  • Clothing Stores

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus from July through September at:

• Gas Stations
  • Movie Theaters
  • Hotels
  • Movie Rentals

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus from October through December at:

• Restaurants
  • Department Stores
  • Clothing Stores
Message 5 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

5% really isn't that much, is it?  Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 19
Cstl05
Contributor

A chase CSR told me that the current 3% cash back maxes out at 20 dollars, can anyone verify that?  Their card seems to be terrible.
Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

You think ....  It's better than 1%!   In San Diego, a consumption tax used to be 7.75%.   Now, it is 8.75%.  The 5% reward is a big deal to me.   When you purchase $1 item, you pay $1.09.  Then you will earn $0.05 reward.   If you spend $100 you will earn $5, if you spend $1,000 you will earn $50.   It sounds small, but, nowadays it helps A LOTS.

Message 8 of 19
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

laz98 wrote:

If there are cards that offer a higher cash rebate for everyday purchases, I'd like to know what they are!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gl4662 wrote:
A chase CSR told me that the current 3% cash back maxes out at 20 dollars, can anyone verify that?  Their card seems to be terrible.

Hi gl4662,

I am not sure you have same Chase Freedom Master card as mine or not.    See the information as shown in below.  I hope this will help you.

Rewards Program Details

With Chase Freedom,SM you have the flexibility to earn more cash back with every purchase.

You earn 3% cash back automatically on purchases in the 3 everyday categories where you spend the most each month.* There are 15 categories in all. Your spending habits may change from month to month — the triple rewards you earn for them will stay the same. You also earn 1% cash back per dollar on all other purchases. Here are the categories:

• Gas Stations & Convenience Stores
  • Grocery Stores
  • Quick Service & Fast Food Restaurants
  • Utilities (Gas, Electric, etc.)
  • Drugstores
  • Cable/Satellite TV & Internet Providers
  • Department Stores
  • Pet Stores & Veterinarian
  • Phone/Cell Phone Bills
  • Movie Theatres
  • Gym Memberships
  • Beauty Salons & Spas
  • Movie Rentals
  • Dry Cleaners
  • Local Commuting

You have a choice when it comes to rewarding yourself:

• Reach $50 in rewards and redeem for a $50 check, or
  • Save up $200 in rewards and redeem for a $250 check – that’s a $50 bonus!

With Chase Freedom, you have the freedom to reward yourself the way you want to. You can change your mind and switch your rewards to earn points instead of cash back. You can redeem your points for rewards like gift cards to popular restaurants and retailers, travel, brand-name merchandise or a charitable contribution. To switch, just click on the ‘Switch to Earn Points’ link.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.