Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature Upgrade?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Visa Signature Upgrade?

I emailed Chase about upgrading my Chase Freedom Visa to a Chase Freedom Visa Signiture. I got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Chase about the product change to
the Chase Freedom Visa Signature card.

The Chase Freedom Visa Signature card requires a minimum 
credit line of $5,000.00.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a 
different product. An account that is open less than 12 
months is not eligible to change to a different product.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As an alternative, you may apply for a new Chase credit 
card."

The credit limit on my card is over $5,000, and I have had the card for 6 months. I'm a little confused because I wouldn't consider this a product change in the way that their reply seems to make it sound. Is upgrading to a Visa Signiture card really considered a PC rather than just an upgrade? Should I try again?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature Upgrade?

i had this question today, and it looks like the min time is a year with the regular freedom.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

btw how did you emailed chase?

@Anonymous wrote:

I emailed Chase about upgrading my Chase Freedom Visa to a Chase Freedom Visa Signiture. I got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Chase about the product change to
the Chase Freedom Visa Signature card.

The Chase Freedom Visa Signature card requires a minimum 
credit line of $5,000.00.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a 
different product. An account that is open less than 12 
months is not eligible to change to a different product.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As an alternative, you may apply for a new Chase credit 
card."

The credit limit on my card is over $5,000, and I have had the card for 6 months. I'm a little confused because I wouldn't consider this a product change in the way that their reply seems to make it sound. Is upgrading to a Visa Signiture card really considered a PC rather than just an upgrade? Should I try again?

Message 3 of 17
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

In my experience - I was over a year and I emailed them and they said they would contact me on the phone within 24 hours. They verified some info and mailed me the new card. 

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 4 of 17
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Chase considers it a PC, and for a PC you have to have your account open for 12 months. You'll have it in 6 months!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I should re-word that, I messaged them via their online messenge center.

And I guess I shall wait, I just thought that I was keeping the same product, the Freedom, and that changing from Visa to Visa Signiture would just be simple like a CLI.

Message 6 of 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I heard it needed to be a year also, would it do a HP if it were converted? Because currently i am in the same boat, once my freedom hits the 5k mark i would like it switched also. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read someplace that it is a soft pull, but that not everyones gets approved for the Signiture even if they meet the $5K+ requirement.

Message 8 of 17
Shock
Established Contributor

Guys, I literally just did this. My limit is 6700, and my card was opened 8/24/13 and I requested the conversion 8/30/14. I just called the number on the back on the card and they did it. No fuss, no muss. All they did was read a few disclosures and told me I'd have my card in 3 to 5 business days.

I also secure messaged them and asked about the EMV chip. They responded within three hours and said it would have the EMV chip with chip and signature technology.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 9 of 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Was there a HP or no pull?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.