Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

So...

last month, I was approved for a Chase Freedom Visa with a $5k limit after TWO recons. LOL

After finally being approved, naturally I inquired about several other things concerning my new account, including the Signature status.

Per this board, I knew that usually a $5k+ limit equals Signature status.... 

Every CSR I talked to said that I had the Signature... 

so when I rec'd the card, it did not say Signature below the Visa logo, so today I finally called and was told that I don't have the Siggy, but that in six months I will be eligible to PC to it.

I've noticed all of Chase's CSR are American and very nice, at least for the Freedom card. 

Either way... didn't like to be confused, but the Customer Service is excellent despite the confusion! haha

:-)

btw, already paid my balance in full ! ;-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

I wonder if my amazon card has a signature card
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 29
greeneman21
Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I wonder if my amazon card has a signature card

it does, you can get it when you apply if you qualify for their lowest apr tier of 13.74% I believe.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 3 of 29
greeneman21
Contributor

I'm looking to upgrade my Freedom once I hit the year mark. I consolidated my amazon card to my

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 4 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

I think if it was a freedom siggy, it would say signature. Also does Chase report CL on sig cards?

Here is a picture that's from myfico

Message 5 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I wonder if my amazon card will be upgradeable. It is 6 months old. 5k limit
FICO 9:

Message 6 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The CSR  I spoke to said it was able to be PC'ed after six months, assuming stellar history with Chase of course...

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That makes me so jelllyyyy!!!

Message 8 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm; worth a call in my opinion anyone got the number? Smiley Very Happy

I have stellar history with chase dating back to the year 2000 when my first auto loan was financed with them and my mom co signed. I still remember dropping that $232 check and the payment coupon off at the branch on the 23rd of every month.

Incidentally I use this method to pay my mortgage... drop off check on 15th. Keep reciept for file
FICO 9:

Message 9 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I called the number listed as product change and the gentleman who answered said that a visa sig is not offered for the amazon card
FICO 9:

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.