Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,260
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

OMG THAT'S what I want to use it for laboi... might go visit my mom in Cali and get my free wine @ Sonoma. ahhhh!!!

 

Guess I better wait six months to PC to the Chase Freedom Visa Siggy! lol

 

YAYUHHH!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

FYI,  I wrote a message on the secure message center.. here is the response I received:

 

Dear webhopper,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your account ending
in XXXX.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a
different product. An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.


As an alternative, you may apply for a new product.
For new account applications, please visit our web site at
www.chase.com. Select "Credit Cards" from the "Personal
Banking" section. Then choose the Product mame card and
apply for a new account online.

When selecting the credit card that best meets your needs,
please remember that our policy no longer allows for
customers to have more than one credit card in the same
product. Applications for a card product you already have
may not be eligible for approval.

If you have additional questions, please contact us using
the Secure Message Center.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Customer Service Specialist

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,260
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

well dang LOL the American CSR told me six months.

 

oh well

so much misinformation out there;-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 250
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion


webhopper wrote:

FYI,  I wrote a message on the secure message center.. here is the response I received:

 

Dear webhopper,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your account ending
in XXXX.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a
different product. An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.


As an alternative, you may apply for a new product.
For new account applications, please visit our web site at
www.chase.com. Select "Credit Cards" from the "Personal
Banking" section. Then choose the Product mame card and
apply for a new account online.

When selecting the credit card that best meets your needs,
please remember that our policy no longer allows for
customers to have more than one credit card in the same
product. Applications for a card product you already have
may not be eligible for approval.

If you have additional questions, please contact us using
the Secure Message Center.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Customer Service Specialist

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.


They still didn't say if there is a signature upgrade, only that you could not PC it ! lol I"m interested too b/c I have an Amazon Visa, btw, would the Amazon siggy report a limit? I ask since I hear some siggys are reporting limits now...

Contributor
Posts: 96
Registered: ‎06-18-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion

based on the card app signature is set at the lowest apr tier. not sure if that is for initial application or if you can PC to without having that 13% apr.

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Established Contributor
Posts: 650
Registered: ‎03-01-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion


webhopper wrote:
I believe you guys. The gentleman I spoke with was not a native speaker of the English language. Perhaps he was misinformed. I seem to have a lot of success using the secure message center; I will try that tomorrow.

My chase online account is actually a business one; where I used to loving to see business checking; personal checking; and my old auto loan. The auto was paid off and I switched banks due to the move but it seems that I get very good customer service as my messages go to those who handle mostly business accounts

Why? if the names and numbers are obscured?  What's the reason for this policy?


My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Established Contributor
Posts: 650
Registered: ‎03-01-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion


angelnyc wrote:

webhopper wrote:

FYI,  I wrote a message on the secure message center.. here is the response I received:

 

Dear webhopper,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your account ending
in XXXX.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a
different product. An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.


As an alternative, you may apply for a new product.
For new account applications, please visit our web site at
www.chase.com. Select "Credit Cards" from the "Personal
Banking" section. Then choose the Product mame card and
apply for a new account online.

When selecting the credit card that best meets your needs,
please remember that our policy no longer allows for
customers to have more than one credit card in the same
product. Applications for a card product you already have
may not be eligible for approval.

If you have additional questions, please contact us using
the Secure Message Center.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Customer Service Specialist

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.


They still didn't say if there is a signature upgrade, only that you could not PC it ! lol I"m interested too b/c I have an Amazon Visa, btw, would the Amazon siggy report a limit? I ask since I hear some siggys are reporting limits now...


My Freedom Siggy reports a limit on CRs.  However, it says something like flexible spending account.  Also, I've went over the limit a number of times and I've never been declined or had over the limit charges.

 

 


My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 250
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion


pakman92 wrote:

angelnyc wrote:

webhopper wrote:

FYI,  I wrote a message on the secure message center.. here is the response I received:

 

Dear webhopper,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your account ending
in XXXX.

At this time, I'm unable to change your account to a
different product. An account that is open less than 12
months is not eligible to change to a different product

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.


As an alternative, you may apply for a new product.
For new account applications, please visit our web site at
www.chase.com. Select "Credit Cards" from the "Personal
Banking" section. Then choose the Product mame card and
apply for a new account online.

When selecting the credit card that best meets your needs,
please remember that our policy no longer allows for
customers to have more than one credit card in the same
product. Applications for a card product you already have
may not be eligible for approval.

If you have additional questions, please contact us using
the Secure Message Center.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Customer Service Specialist

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.


They still didn't say if there is a signature upgrade, only that you could not PC it ! lol I"m interested too b/c I have an Amazon Visa, btw, would the Amazon siggy report a limit? I ask since I hear some siggys are reporting limits now...


My Freedom Siggy reports a limit on CRs.  However, it says something like flexible spending account.  Also, I've went over the limit a number of times and I've never been declined or had over the limit charges.

 

 


When it reports, does it get factored into your debt to utilization ratio?

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature confusion


pakman92 wrote:

Why? if the names and numbers are obscured?  What's the reason for this policy?



I'm guessing it was a misquote and directed here?

 

There are a couple of reasons why that rule is in place. First is due to security and privacy. There was a poster in here who posted pics of his CCs. He had various personal CCs, business CCs, and debit cards. To obscure the numbers he used the smudge technique using whatever software he used. With my zero experience with Adobe PS, I was able to unsmudge his info and pull off his name, his business name, his CC numbers, and expiration dates off several of his cards. I recall zapping his post. He got upset. I then read an example off his credit info via a PM and he disappeared along with his pic hosted by Flickr or whoever. If it was that easy with a novice doing that, I wonder how easy it could be with a pro trolling these forums for posts like that.

 

The other reason why pics are zapped was because of certain posters on here. 99% of you reading this are great and supporting and friendly. But we have some posters who come along every now and then and brag about having their 5th Palladium or getting their 15th CC to report a limit over $100,000. You know and I know they lie. But it's their attitude that tends to bring out the worst in some people and most of the picture threads in the past had to be zapped, in part or in whole, due to unfriendly and unsupportive folks.

 

If it were up to me I wouldn't care. If someone's CC info gets stolen, then that's their problem for not being too bright. But I guess myFICO wants to protect others on here mods have to keep with that decision.

 

 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.