Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature vs Chase Freedom Visa

tag
epicureanism
Contributor

Chase Freedom Visa Signature vs Chase Freedom Visa

Just called backdoor number of Chase and knew that I was approved with Freedom Visa Signature. I am wondering what extra benefit do I get from Visa Signature? Some people on this board have said that Visa Signature will not report credit limit to the bereau. Is this right? Thanks! 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Credit Karma: 752, Credit Sesame: 736.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature vs Chase Freedom Visa

Message 2 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Chase's Signature or WMC cards do report the CL.  The CRAs would display them as Flexible Spending Lines.  The only ones that do not are the JPM Select or Palladium.

Message 3 of 16
epicureanism
Contributor

Then what the extra benefit of Visa Siggy over Visa? 

Current Cards: BOA Better Rewards (2.5k), Citi Forward (2k), AMEX Blue Cash Preferred (6k), AMEX SPG (7.5k), DISCOVER (1k), Chase Freedom (7k).

Message 4 of 16
samhradh

Straight from Visa: Benefits of Signature

Message 5 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@epicureanism wrote:

Here's a good read for their Visa Signature benefits > https://www.chasebenefits.com/freedomVW1

The main highlights:

Auto Rental CDW, Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty Protection, Price/Return Protection, TAI, Travel & Emergency Assistance Services amongst a few...

Message 6 of 16
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@epicureanism wrote:

Just called backdoor number of Chase and knew that I was approved with Freedom Visa Signature. I am wondering what extra benefit do I get from Visa Signature? Some people on this board have said that Visa Signature will not report credit limit to the bereau. Is this right? Thanks! 

Chase reports the CL on my CSP...I have read that other lenders do not, however.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 16
epicureanism
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@epicureanism wrote:

Here's a good read for their Visa Signature benefits > https://www.chasebenefits.com/freedomVW1

The main highlights:

Auto Rental CDW, Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty Protection, Price/Return Protection, TAI, Travel & Emergency Assistance Services amongst a few...

Thanks for the information! 

Does this mean Chase offers more for their Visa Signature card holder? I did not see items like price protection on the website of Visa Signature. 

Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@epicureanism wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@epicureanism wrote:

The main highlights:

Thanks for the information! 

Does this mean Chase offers more for their Visa Signature card holder? I did not see items like price protection on the website of Visa Signature. 

Chase as with other lenders can offer additional perks or benefits on their Signature / WMC cards from the standard ones offered by default by Visa or MC.

Message 9 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@epicureanism wrote:

The main highlights:

Compare it to the non-sig version:

https://www.chasebenefits.com/freedomVP1

you will see a lot of overlap.   Generally, signature doesn't really mean ALL that much, but depends on the card.   As FinStar says, issuers can offer more and that applies to the Platinum as well, several issuers Plat cards offer many of the signature benefits (but excluding things like conceirge).

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.