Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Visa Signature ?

Just a quick question I have a chase freedom visa card with a 5000 limit and I have had the card for over a year and chase is telling me that my account is not illegible to be upgraded to the signature version... Anyone been able to upgrade there visa to the visa signature and if so how did you do it? Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature ?

I was told that you have to wait 13 months after opening before you become eligible....

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, if you already have another card that is a Visa Signature, I don't really see any reason of upgrading the Freedom to one. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't currency have a visa signature but I agree two would be pointless.

Message 4 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have the same card, and I was told by a Chase Financial Advisor that after about six months, you can PC to the Sig version!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

Having more than one Visa Signature card is not pointless. It's not just the concierge that you get - there's also puchase security (protection "against theft and damage due to vandalism, fire and accidentally discharged water for the first 90 days from date eligible purchase, on all eligible items you buy") and extended warranties. If you're like me where you try to maximize your rewards, it's useful to have all your cards in the highest credit card tier possible.

For example, let's say your non-Signature Chase Visa Freedom card has Amazon.com as a 5% category. You want to take advantage of that and buy a $1,000 computer on Amazon, but you'd really like to have the purchase protection and extended warranty that your Visa Signature CSP offers. If your Freedom was a Visa Signature that decision becomes a no-brainer.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 11
djrez4
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Having more than one Visa Signature card is not pointless. It's not just the concierge that you get - there's also puchase security (protection "against theft and damage due to vandalism, fire and accidentally discharged water for the first 90 days from date eligible purchase, on all eligible items you buy") and extended warranties. If you're like me where you try to maximize your rewards, it's useful to have all your cards in the highest credit card tier possible.

For example, let's say your non-Signature Chase Visa Freedom card has Amazon.com as a 5% category. You want to take advantage of that and buy a $1,000 computer on Amazon, but you'd really like to have the purchase protection and extended warranty that your Visa Signature CSP offers. If your Freedom was a Visa Signature that decision becomes a no-brainer.

Exactly - You don't lose anything by asking for the PC.  Gone are the days when Signature cards didn't report limits and mess with your Util % .  There are no negatives.  Only positives as bribro mentions.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

U need to have at least 6000 CL. And U do not need to wait for 13 months. Just call them up to change it to visa sign.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad

got denied for a visa signature product change. not eligible for pc. $6000 cl, open since april 2011.

Message 9 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@djrez4 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Exactly - You don't lose anything by asking for the PC.  Gone are the days when Signature cards didn't report limits and mess with your Util % .  There are no negatives.  Only positives as bribro mentions.

Except for BoA. I just recently got my very first Signature through them, and they're not reporting the limit. I hope they change that policy eventually.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.