Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature

@Dustink wrote:

I use concierge about once a month.

You get higher insurance levels and benefits along those lines.

What do you use the concierge for?

Message 11 of 35
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Arranging gifts, travel, activites, ect.

My most recent request was a hotel suite with a view of the space needle for new years eve. They emailed me the options available. Sadly, my plans changed and I won't be able to make it to Seattle for new years.

There aren't many things you can't use it for.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 35
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Arranging gifts, travel, activites, ect.

My most recent request was a hotel suite with a view of the space needle for new years eve. They emailed me the options available. Sadly, my plans changed and I won't be able to make it to Seattle for new years.

There aren't many things you can't use it for.

Love This!!!

i want it!!!!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 13 of 35
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

2 questions guys:

I know that some signature cards don't report a credit limit, which can actually hurt your FICO. Some, however, do - for instance my Cash+ reports my limit to the credit bureaus even though it is a Signature. What about the Chase Freedom Signature, does it report your limit?

And second - I recently PCed from a Slate to a Freedom, so I've only had the Freedom for about a month but I've had the Slate for several years. You think I would be eligible for a Signature upgrade?

Thanks.

Message 14 of 35
RonDawg
Contributor

@QuantumCredit wrote:

2 questions guys:

I know that some signature cards don't report a credit limit, which can actually hurt your FICO. Some, however, do - for instance my Cash+ reports my limit to the credit bureaus even though it is a Signature. What about the Chase Freedom Signature, does it report your limit?

And second - I recently PCed from a Slate to a Freedom, so I've only had the Freedom for about a month but I've had the Slate for several years. You think I would be eligible for a Signature upgrade?

Thanks.

My Chase Freedom signature card does report a credit limit the only thing that changed is it now says "Flexable spending account" instead of "Credit Card"

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 15 of 35
HiLine
Blogger

BankofAmerica is the only Visa Signature issuer that still does not report credit limits.

Message 16 of 35
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

I recently had a recon analyst at chase increase my Freedom to 10k.  I've heard that they offer a Freedom Visa Signature, and was wondering if mine would or should become a signature card.  

Has anyone here had experience upgrading the Freedom to a signature card?  

Do they normally do that automatically, or should I call and ask?  

Have any of you done that?

Thanks,

I called the "Product Change Status" backdoor line from the backdoor sticky, but ended up in the normal automated system.  I tried the "Credit Analyst" phone number, and they answered as "Lending Services".  The analyst told me that the Sig would not happen automatically, but had to be requested from customer service.  He put me on hold and got a rep on the line for me.

That rep told me that my Freedom Card could not be changed into a Sig card.  He called in a supervisor and gave me the same answer...  "not now... periodic review... maybe in the future".

Any other suggestions?

Message 17 of 35
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I suspect the "flexible spend" note on the account looks good on a manual review. It's also the primary value I place on siggys and world cards. I don't care about FICO scores except when apping and can always taylor the reporting in those cases.  I like the ability to spend a lot for vacations or what not.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 18 of 35
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

So, has anyone successfully converted a their Freedom to a Visa Signature in less than 13 months?
Message 19 of 35
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I was approved for a CSP and the Chase Freedom on the same day.  My Freedom is not a signature.  They stated I needed to wait before converting.  I think  will convert to a Mastercard anyway.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.