Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎03-14-2013
0

Chase Freedom Visa Signature!

I was finally able to upgrade my Freedom to Visa Signature. My account has been open for more than 13 months with a 12K CL. Despite this every time I inquired I was always told the account was ineligible at this time. Per the advice on another thread, I sent a secure message explaining the situation and asking for a "specialist higher up" to review the request. I received a call this morning from Chase (EO?) and spoke to a nice lady who approved the request. New card is on its way! Just wanted to share that it is possible to get the upgrade despite the automated decision from a frontline CSR.

Contributor
Posts: 116
Registered: ‎06-08-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!

I had to go the same route to get a PC. 13 months no love from CSR.  EO office made it happen from slate to CSP.  Then I HP for 2x limit.  Love the card and love that you get straight through to CS in the good ol' USA.



Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,658
Registered: ‎06-05-2008
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!


bluedog1 wrote:  Just wanted to share that it is possible to get the upgrade despite the automated decision from a frontline CSR.

Nice.  I ended up writing a letter to the CEO, and their EO office called me and sorted it out.  I've been very tempted by the CSP, but now that I have a no annual fee siggy that gets the 5% categories, I'm pretty satisfied.

 

Congratulations, and welcome to the signature club.

 

 

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 814 - EQU:813 - TRAN: 809 - AVG: 812 +262 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!

Congrats! It seems that if you want to get the Freedom Signature you either need to get it right when you apply, or wait 13 months. Has anyone successfully upgraded between the 1 month and 11 month mark?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Moderator
Posts: 27,206
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,806
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!


bluedog1 wrote:

I was finally able to upgrade my Freedom to Visa Signature. My account has been open for more than 13 months with a 12K CL. Despite this every time I inquired I was always told the account was ineligible at this time. Per the advice on another thread, I sent a secure message explaining the situation and asking for a "specialist higher up" to review the request. I received a call this morning from Chase (EO?) and spoke to a nice lady who approved the request. New card is on its way! Just wanted to share that it is possible to get the upgrade despite the automated decision from a frontline CSR.


WTG for not giving up!

Congrats 



+ Chase Ink =

Regular Contributor
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎03-14-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!

Thanks everyone! For whatever reason Chase seems very conservative with Visa Signature on Freedom accounts. My starting CL was 7K yet it was not Signature. You would think since they get a higher swipe fee they'd be handing them out like candy but a quick search on the web proves otherwise. Likewise, none of the CSRs could tell me the exact criteria to be upgraded. It seems like 13 months and minimum 5K CL are necessary but not sufficient criteria.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,981
Registered: ‎06-05-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature!


bluedog1 wrote:

Thanks everyone! For whatever reason Chase seems very conservative with Visa Signature on Freedom accounts. My starting CL was 7K yet it was not Signature. You would think since they get a higher swipe fee they'd be handing them out like candy but a quick search on the web proves otherwise. Likewise, none of the CSRs could tell me the exact criteria to be upgraded. It seems like 13 months and minimum 5K CL are necessary but not sufficient criteria.


I would think the reason has something to do with wanting people to apply for the CSP since that is an annual fee card. Or it could be that a visa signature card costs them extra to get the benefits from visa. I'm sure there is a financial rationale behind it.


Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 730 6/27/14, Last App 1/3/15
Goal Score: 800 In garden until 4/2015
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.