Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature

tag
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature

Maybe, it's far more "insidious"...could it be they are trying to maintain a certain percentage of Signature and Non-Signature cards per an agreement with VISA? So maybe it's entirely YMMV all over the place unless you go the executive office route?

Message 31 of 35
Petraeus
Contributor

Grats man.

Although it doesn't explain how you qualified, especially since others with similar profiles have been denied.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 32 of 35
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@Petraeus wrote:

Grats man.

Although it doesn't explain how you qualified, especially since others with similar profiles have been denied.

Yeah, idk. And I keep googling to see what the quals are for the Visa Sig. but nothing definitive are coming up.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 33 of 35
Petraeus
Contributor

I hear ya...at least there are success stories out there. Just not as many as I thought.
FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 34 of 35
RonDawg
Contributor

This is how I did it.

I did an online secured message to the customer service about my account.

I asked them if they would upgrade my Freedom card to a Signature card, I had the account for years.   the APR was way high from years ago. 

The rep that responded said they could not upgrade my account because there was no upgrade available, then the rep added they were transferring my request to the department that could help me.  3 days later I received a phone call (while I was at work mind you), the guy asked me a few questions and then stated that he was going to upgrade my account for me.  2 weeks later I had my new card with Signature on it.   

Same thing happened with one of my US Bank credit cards, they said there was no visa signature upgrade available for my account but they transferred my request to someone who could force the upgrade.

My guess is most customer care reps don't have the authority to do this upgrade on their own.  You would have to speak to someone in their back office and I was told by the gentleman that took care of my upgrade on my Freedom that nobody can call into that office on their own. A request has to be made and they make the calls back to the customer.

oh and 2 months later my APR dropped 4 points Signature makes a difference.

At anyrate Good luck, I am just saying how I did it.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.