Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Visa Signature

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Visa Signature

If I'm reading that correctly, you cannot have a CS and CSP?
Message 21 of 49
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I am pretty sure I have read that people have multiple chase cards of the same product (i.e. Freedom Visa, Slate Visa)

I am sure it does not apply to AU though as I am an AU on the Freedom and have the Slate and CSP myself.

Message 22 of 49
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It sounds like the policy might be new. I guess we will find out
Message 23 of 49
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I will be interested to see if others are told this while applying. I was thinking about the United card sometime next year depending on my position at work. If that is the case and I still want the card, I will try and PC my Slate.

Message 24 of 49
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

That is correct, seems to be a new policy. I have the CS. I was told by a Chase CSR that I'd have to close it if I want to apply for the CSP since they no longer allow two cards of the same family. If so, I think I may try to move my CS CL to Freedom, then apply for CSP. We'll see.

Message 25 of 49
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Irisa wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

That is correct, seems to be a new policy. I have the CS. I was told by a Chase CSR that I'd have to close it if I want to apply for the CSP since they no longer allow two cards of the same family. If so, I think I may try to move my CS CL to Freedom, then apply for CSP. We'll see.

Good idea. I can't wait to get my bonud for the CSP.

I still think its crazy that they are limiting people like that. It seems that they would want responsible to have their products.

Message 26 of 49
wl123
Established Member

@09Lexie wrote:
Please note that when selecting the credit card that best
meets your needs, please remember that our policy no
longer allows for customers to have more than one credit
card in the same product whether it is Visa Signature,
Non-Signature, MasterCard Platinum or MasterCard
Worldcard. Applications for a card product you already
have may not be eligible for approval.

Wth?!

I can't imagine them limiting people to just 1 Visa Signature. Most of their co-branded cards are Visa Signature. What I think it means is you can't have 2 Chase Freedom Visa Signatures for example. Although you can have 1 Chase Freedom Visa Signature and 1 Chase Freedom MasterCard.

Message 27 of 49
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@wl123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Wth?!

I can't imagine them limiting people to just 1 Visa Signature. Most of their co-branded cards are Visa Signature. What I think it means is you can't have 2 Chase Freedom Visa Signatures for example. Although you can have 1 Chase Freedom Visa Signature and 1 Chase Freedom MasterCard.

They are trying to close the loophole for the sign up bonus as I read it...like the well known CSP/Ink Bold|Plus hacks.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 28 of 49
JonStur
Established Contributor

@wl123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Wth?!

No I think you have that confused.. Having a Freedom Siggy and Freedom Mastercard is no longer allowed because it is the same product, ie. a Freedom...it would have to be a different product like a Slate, Sapphire, United Rewards, etc....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 29 of 49
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

I had a CS & a CSP...until I recently closed the CS and transferred the credit line to the Freedom to get a higher limit on my freedom card.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.