Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Vs Amex

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Vs Amex

yes you can get a Revolver first, check amex pre-approved site and see if you have any. When I got my first AMEX card the "Blue" I had a 720 FICO, and 1+ years experience experience with over 2 credit cards the bare minimum of what AMEX wants for there better cards.  Dont remember INQ's but more than a few. Last baddie was over 3 years ago no lates or chargeoffs on any credit account.  And  80k + income.  

Basicly if are in he low 700's you can give a revolver a try, do it first, If you are boader line, You may get it. If you get a Zync first AMEX may want to wait and see how you handle it. If you are in the 600's just get a Zync or charge card you want and bide your time while score grows and your relationship with AMEX strenthens. 

If you are in the high 700's ignore all this advice and apply for what you want...  

and if you are 800's  the AMEX representative will be hand delivering your Platinum and BCP card shortly.  Smiley Very Happy

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 24
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

im not sure what my experian is since i never checked it. 

quizzle gave me a 677 FAKO but that was before i paid off my bby card and added my other cards. 

aaoa dropped to 8 months so...

i have 3 active inquries and one that will fall off on the 23rd and one that will fall off in december(completely) 

Active Ones

1/4/12(Kohls recieved) 2/12/12(Chasedenied) and 7/26/12(Chase Freedom) that i got 

btw wont let me check special offers since i checked like 3 weeks ago. =/ 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 22 of 24
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

yes you can get a Revolver first, check amex pre-approved site and see if you have any. When I got my first AMEX card the "Blue" I had a 720 FICO, and 1+ years experience experience with over 2 credit cards the bare minimum of what AMEX wants for there better cards.  Dont remember INQ's but more than a few. Last baddie was over 3 years ago no lates or chargeoffs on any credit account.  And  80k + income.  

Basicly if are in he low 700's you can give a revolver a try, do it first, If you are boader line, You may get it. If you get a Zync first AMEX may want to wait and see how you handle it. If you are in the 600's just get a Zync or charge card you want and bide your time while score grows and your relationship with AMEX strenthens. 

If you are in the high 700's ignore all this advice and apply for what you want...  

and if you are 800's  the AMEX representative will be hand delivering your Platinum and BCP card shortly.  Smiley Very Happy

And they'll be handing you special offers too. 100k for the Amex plat (3k spend in 3 months) and 75k for the PRG (1k spend in 3 months plus no AF for the 1st year) sitting in the mail right now for me.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 23 of 24
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Amex BCE is my dream card.  Grow with you fast, backdating nice limits.  If not looking for 5% cash back categories amex is nicer to have, although not accepted everywhere like chase.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.