Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - Was I upgraded?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom - Was I upgraded?

pleasant surprise, congrats. Chase may be feeling the Christimas spirit, I got an auto cli last week.

Message 11 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Mine was always a Signature.  Online on the summary page is says "Total Credit Limit" but on the statement it is "Credit Access Line"

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all.  I'll have to look online to see what extra perks there are.  I think one of the threads mentioned Fandango ticket discounts which could be handy.

Message 13 of 28
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats @notgoddess! may I ask what your SL was on the account? I got my freedom in November at SL $4500. I'll need to time out a CLI before end of next year to be up for an upgrade.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@olehammer wrote:
@Congrats @Anonymous! may I ask what your SL was on the account? I got my freedom in November at SL $4500. I'll need to time out a CLI before end of next year to be up for an upgrade.

I started at $3000, spending habits 15+ swipes/mo for smallish amounts (<150) plus a few larger (500+), using Blueprint to PIF small charges and pay down larger ones. Got close to limit a few times but would post extra payments before statement.

In Sept. auto CLI to 6000, spending habits 5-10+ smallish swipes, no large amounts, blueprint same settings. Util around 15% right now. Was as high as 90%, paid down after statement posted (to get a 'high balance' near limit reporting).

Message 15 of 28
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Awesome and thanks for the details! I've setup all of my recurring bills to hit this one as well as some swipes so I'll have a lot pumping through.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Mine was always a Signature.  Online on the summary page is says "Total Credit Limit" but on the statement it is "Credit Access Line"

Thanks a lot for clarifying this lurker. Smiley Happy Just got to wait for my statement or tradeine to report to CR. 

I got mine as a signature and it says total credit limit as well. Maybe it only changes for those who upgraded? 

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would the slate qualify as well or is it just freedom.

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - got a letter from Chase today.

"Because you're a valued cardmember, your Freedom account has been upgraded to include exceptional new Visa Signature benefits as of November".

Says they'll send out a new card in the next year, but I can use my existing one for the benefits, so no rush.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would the slate qualify as well or is it just freedom.

I don't know if the Slate has a Signature Visa.  But if your CL is more than 5k you could ask about a product change to turn it into a Freedom VS, I would think. 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.