cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom World *Elite* MasterCard?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom World *Elite* MasterCard?

@Scuba wrote:

You are correct CreditScolar, I too have a Chase WEMC (Presidential Plus) but when it is renewed in about 2 years, I am sure it will renew to one of the lesser Visa cards. 

If you're worried about this, you could call to convert your card to the new MP Club version and keep it as a WEMC. The downside is that you'd also be switched to the new earning structure (1.5 miles per dollar spent), so if you value your Flex-EQMs then I'd probably just keep what you've got and eat the downgrade to a visa signature when it comes.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 39
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Update... hers is world mastercard. 20k CL

Two questions,

* Is it italicize "World" or capitalized "WORLD"?

* Is it in silver MasterCard logo? Chase Sapphire is even though it is for WEMC only.

Message 22 of 39
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I don't use the card much so I dug it out of the sock drawer. I forgot how nice it is.

Continental Airlines, PRESIDENTIAL PLUS is the WEMC

WORLD ELITE is NOT italicized but it is capitalized.  Both words.

On the back of the card, on the right side, there is a silver  MasterCard logo then under that is the traditional red / yellow Master Card logo.  Chase put a faint white line drawn around the two logos then above the two logos, the word "WORLD ELITE " is shown.

Maybe I'll use the card tomorrow for an "in and Out" burger.Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

I don't use the card much so I dug it out of the sock drawer. I forgot how nice it is.

Continental Airlines, PRESIDENTIAL PLUS is the WEMC

WORLD ELITE is NOT italicized but it is capitalized.  Both words.

On the back of the card, on the right side, there is a silver  MasterCard logo then under that is the traditional red / yellow Master Card logo.  Chase put a faint white line drawn around the two logos then above the two logos, the word "WORLD ELITE " is shown.

Maybe I'll use the card tomorrow for an "in and Out" burger.Smiley Happy

That card probably offers some pretty good benefits. Why don't you use it more?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 39
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I like cash back cards.  I dont think I ever used earned miles or points for anything.  Cash is King for me. . .

Message 25 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

I like cash back cards.  I dont think I ever used earned miles or points for anything.  Cash is King for me. . .

Oh okay. I think I like points more. I can usually find ways to get a better value out of them.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 26 of 39
distantarray
Established Contributor

I'm iffy about points with some companies, like Capital One Venture card sounds nice because it's 2 points for everything, but there are 1 point purchase cards that are worth 2x Capital One points soo yea all the same in the end. Just read up about what your getting

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 27 of 39
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I like my US Bank Flexperks

Message 28 of 39
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Scuba wrote:

I'm the exact opposite. I don't have much use for cash-back cards, but miles/points are always welcome.

Is there any reason you're keeping the PP WEMC then? Do you use the other benefits like lounge access but keep it SDed?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 29 of 39
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

It can be changed to WEMC but as said it is very rear and you have to have a card for a long time, I just dont see why do you want to change the Freedom to WEMC when it is better to have it as as visa signature because of some merchant code classification(ex. Walmart store where I live counts as groceries and I get 5% cash back when groceries are on as 5% category).I am not sure you would get that with MC version.

It is much better to PC the Sapphire card to WEMC because It is a travel card(mostly) where you can use WEMC beneftis much better...

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.