cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom World *Elite* MasterCard?

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom World *Elite* MasterCard?

@ukimafija wrote:

It can be changed to WEMC but as said it is very rear and you have to have a card for a long time, I just dont see why do you want to change the Freedom to WEMC when it is better to have it as as visa signature because of some merchant code classification(ex. Walmart store where I live counts as groceries and I get 5% cash back when groceries are on as 5% category).I am not sure you would get that with MC version.

It is much better to PC the Sapphire card to WEMC because It is a travel card(mostly) where you can use WEMC beneftis much better...

Visa and MC share the same MCC (merchant category code).

Message 31 of 39
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Visa and MC share the same MCC (merchant category code).

If you are 100% sure for this , then he can go for it definitely

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 39
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

It can be changed to WEMC but as said it is very rear and you have to have a card for a long time, I just dont see why do you want to change the Freedom to WEMC when it is better to have it as as visa signature because of some merchant code classification(ex. Walmart store where I live counts as groceries and I get 5% cash back when groceries are on as 5% category).I am not sure you would get that with MC version.

It is much better to PC the Sapphire card to WEMC because It is a travel card(mostly) where you can use WEMC beneftis much better...

There is no Freedom WEMC, regardless how old your account is. It doesn't exist. The highest tiers are Visa Signature and World MasterCard, both versions offer the exact same 5% categories each quarter. Likewise there is no WEMC of Sapphire or Sapphire Preferred.

Message 33 of 39
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

OK, I personally know users that have it. like i said, it is very rare

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Message 34 of 39
mxp114
Valued Contributor

A lot of people get confused about it but I did ask the MasterCard team that handles every WEMC issued in the United States and they said it doesn't exist. Since you know people with them, maybe it's a super secret offering that very few qualify for. No one has confirmed they exist :/

Message 35 of 39
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

A lot of people get confused about it but I did ask the MasterCard team that handles every WEMC issued in the United States and they said it doesn't exist. Since you know people with them, maybe it's a super secret offering that very few qualify for. No one has confirmed they exist :/

He doesn't know what he's talking about, nor can he even spell rare properly. I wouldn't listen to anything he says on this matter. There's no reason Chase would issue a WEMC on a bottom-tier product like the Freedom.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 36 of 39
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

I was talking with someone when I was typing,no need to be rude, we are not all born in US so our brain does not function 100 miles per hr like yours because I actually gotta think how I write(but I speak 4 languages), but WEMC  are mostly for a Sapphire Card when you apply directly through MC website,  so far I know only one lady who has Freedom WEMC. Like i said, all ULTRA rare, maybe they did it before they don't do it now or just for some special customers...

Message 37 of 39
Josh2942
Established Contributor

You must be crazy. World Elite and the Centurion are no where close to being the same. Thats liking comparing apples to cavier 

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 38 of 39
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

This was two years ago!! Things have changed in two years. Smiley Wink
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.