Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom & CSP

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom & CSP

@r34dy2fly wrote:

1. The CSP might take you more than a year to get. They generally don't want to give a Visa Signature card for less than a $5000 limit. There are certain exceptions but its rare. But no, it wouldn't preclude you from applying for it next year. They will see that you got an inquiry on your report though for the card you just applied for.

2. No. If you qualify, you'll still get offers. I had the regular Sapphire and still got offers to get the Preferred with bonuses and all that. 

Not a big fan of this strategy. If you can get the BCE outrigt I'd just do that. I have the PRG and I never use it because virtually every other card I own has better rewards. I'm cancelling mine before the year is up. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 11 of 16
peripheral

I've done a fair amount of travel on American Airlines & Southwest, and I've got miles with both programs.

In fact, last December shortly after a trip to the West Coast on American Airlines, I got my first offer from Citi AAdvantage.  I knew there was no way I'd get approved, and I wanted to garden for several months.

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Capital One Platinum $500
Bank of America Cash Rewards $500
US Bank Platinum $500
Message 12 of 16
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Periphal, can you tell us more about the $200 offer you got for the freedom. I signed up when it was $100 and would like to message about getting the extra $100. I apped end of sept and heard you have 60 or 90 days can't remember to contact chase.

Is there a code or link that you can tell us for the $200 offer. Thanks

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 13 of 16
peripheral

I just recieved a mailer from Chase.

On the outside of the mailer it says "limited time offer $200 bonus" with $100 scratched out for $200.  The offer is valid until Jan. 2, 2014.

$200 bonus after $500 spend in 3 months.  Sounds good to me.

The literature inside has the same thing.

offer code:  P00

Once my lowered utilization prints to my reports in late November, I'm gonna include this offer in a mini-app spree.  Ideally I'd like to keep it at 2 or 3 inquiries max, and then garden for another year or so to bring my AAoA up, with my oldest active accounts rolling over 24 months.

1) Chase Freedom

2) AMEX PRG

3) AMEX BCP

The Citi AAdvantage is a tempting offer, and I'm considering it.

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Capital One Platinum $500
Bank of America Cash Rewards $500
US Bank Platinum $500
Message 14 of 16
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

For what its worth, I did Secure Message thru Chase asing about 200 cash back for new accounts. I told them I already got 10k (which I used on a flight) and that my account was opened within 90 days. In hindsight, I believe I am 80-100 days...not exactly sure. They gave me an additional 10k to match the offer instantly. No fuss, no muss.

EDIT: Just looked at my EQ report from October. I had a Chase HP on 8/24/13, and was approved for the 20k offer match on 11/19/13, which makes 85 days roughly.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 15 of 16
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Chase is really good like that. I wish NFCU was like Chase. I opened my goRewards one month before the current promotion. They denied my request to match the current offer. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.