Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon

tag
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think of the Amazon Rewards as somewhat of a halfhearted attempt at a good rewards card. It's not particularly good at anything.

Yes, but I think of it more as an old card that needs updating.   I got mine in 2004, which I believe is relatively soon after it came out.   At that time, no Sallie Mae type card, and 1% was the norm for most cc rewards (no Quicksilver type  cards, although later there was the Cap One 1% + 0.5% annual bonus card) and 2% cards weren't common (= I didn't know of any).   So a card that paid 3%!!!! on Amazon, +2% on some other categories was amazing.

ANd it has stayed the same while others have overtaken.  Sallie Mae + Double Cash (or similar) will be better for most spends.

I was perfectly happy with the Chase Amazon card until I came here 7 months ago and learned of the Sallie Mae WMC. Then, ignorance was bliss. Now, knowledge is bliss and the Chase card sleeps with the socks.

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.