cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom and Discover IT have the SAME 5% cash back categories in Q2???

tag
BigSnacks
Valued Member

Chase Freedom and Discover IT have the SAME 5% cash back categories in Q2???

Are you joking?  Why in the F do Chase Freedom and Discover IT both have the same 5% cash back category in Q2 of 2015?  Are you really telling me these idiots cant coordinate bonus categories so this exact scenario doesnt happen?  

Smiley Mad

B of A Cash Rewards $40,000 | AMEX BCE $30,000 | Chase Freedom $11,500 | Lowe's $8,500 | B of A Small Business Cash Rewards $7,500 | Discover IT $7,000 | First Community Credit Union $5,000
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom and Discover IT have the SAME 5% cash back categories in Q2???

Maybe they did coordinate and that's why both are the same.

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom and Discover IT have the SAME 5% cash back categories in Q2???

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they did coordinate and that's why both are the same.

All the better for the big spender in all of us.

Discover bumped our Bonus categories to 7% for the year...

Guess what's getting used for dinner starting April 1st!

Message 3 of 36
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Since I'm particularly fond of the Restaurants category, I don't mind. Plus, Discover has 5% on movies while the Freedom has 5% on H&M, Overstock, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Message 4 of 36
BigSnacks
Valued Member

Why did they bump your cashback to 7%?  

B of A Cash Rewards $40,000 | AMEX BCE $30,000 | Chase Freedom $11,500 | Lowe's $8,500 | B of A Small Business Cash Rewards $7,500 | Discover IT $7,000 | First Community Credit Union $5,000
Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigSnacks wrote:

Why did they bump your cashback to 7%?  

They said something about being the elite of the elite.

Actually...They just offered it when asking for lower APR.

Message 6 of 36
BigSnacks
Valued Member

Do you mind if I ask if you carry a balance?  Can anyone ask for the 7% cashback?

Message 7 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigSnacks wrote:

Do you mind if I ask if you carry a balance?  Can anyone ask for the 7% cashback?

Just BT balance at 0%

Took advantage of a 18mo 1% fee offer last year. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 36
BigSnacks
Valued Member

7% cashback is ridiculous.  Im jealous.  Do Work Son!

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigSnacks wrote:

7% cashback is ridiculous.  Im jealous.  Do Work Son!

That is just on categories though.

2% on all general spend.

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.