Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Member
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎03-12-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection


adavis425 wrote:

resilient wrote:

Nothing for the group, but OP's signature is awesome!


+1 Smiley Happy

 


Haha! Right on!

My wallet is thin but I have other stuff in my pants

Established Member
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎03-12-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute, dispute, DISPUTE. It is the debt collectors responsibility to provide DV. And in some states, they must provide the debtor (you) with the method of verification. Chances are, if a debt has been passed through several agencies, they barely have any info on you.

Dispute with each CRA?  Like I mentioned, the in my last reply:

 

I'm in CA. My last Experian report shows these accounts staying current until next May-Nov of next year but are well beyond the SOL ( CA SOL is 4 years, CRTP is 7).  Should I wait until the dates listed on the CR to send out DV's/GW letters or can I get the process started now?  This is all new to me.. I'm starting to take control of all the mistakes from when I was young and am attempting to rectify them.

 

Is there like a how-to on all this?  I've done a fair share of searching.. hence, I am somewhat versed with the process involved but would appreciate more instruction... Smiley Happy

My wallet is thin but I have other stuff in my pants

Contributor
Posts: 322
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection


chaimanmau wrote:

The CO's were not paid for and were forwarded to CA's.. which are still showing current.  I was thinking of sending them DV's since since I am on the cusp of the CRTP but am reluctant as that might do more harm than good.

 

DOFD on the OC is in and around mid-late 2006.  

 

Should I wait or send a DV to all of them?

 

Thanks.


As long as you have not made any payments on these CO's from the time of Charge Off then you can have them removed from your CRs but if you have made any payments at all the Statued of limitations starts over from the time of the last payment. The laws are crazy.  But dispute them anyways. Its the best way to have them removed.  The CAs are jerks they like to keep reporting as current debt just because if you are not informed then you keep being punished but this is not law and if you dispute it then they need to remove it.  If they fight you and refuse to remove it then seek legal advice. Most CA's don't want to fight the law as it could cause them to lose their license.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection


chaimanmau wrote:

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute, dispute, DISPUTE. It is the debt collectors responsibility to provide DV. And in some states, they must provide the debtor (you) with the method of verification. Chances are, if a debt has been passed through several agencies, they barely have any info on you.

Dispute with each CRA?  Like I mentioned, the in my last reply:

 

I'm in CA. My last Experian report shows these accounts staying current until next May-Nov of next year but are well beyond the SOL ( CA SOL is 4 years, CRTP is 7).  Should I wait until the dates listed on the CR to send out DV's/GW letters or can I get the process started now?  This is all new to me.. I'm starting to take control of all the mistakes from when I was young and am attempting to rectify them.

 

Is there like a how-to on all this?  I've done a fair share of searching.. hence, I am somewhat versed with the process involved but would appreciate more instruction... Smiley Happy


Start a thread in the rebuilding section and we will help you.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection


chaimanmau wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

resilient wrote:

Nothing for the group, but OP's signature is awesome!


+1 Smiley Happy

 


Haha! Right on!


+1000

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Established Member
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎03-12-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom and Friends Issues of Rejection


rootpooty wrote:

chaimanmau wrote:

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dispute, dispute, DISPUTE. It is the debt collectors responsibility to provide DV. And in some states, they must provide the debtor (you) with the method of verification. Chances are, if a debt has been passed through several agencies, they barely have any info on you.

Dispute with each CRA?  Like I mentioned, the in my last reply:

 

I'm in CA. My last Experian report shows these accounts staying current until next May-Nov of next year but are well beyond the SOL ( CA SOL is 4 years, CRTP is 7).  Should I wait until the dates listed on the CR to send out DV's/GW letters or can I get the process started now?  This is all new to me.. I'm starting to take control of all the mistakes from when I was young and am attempting to rectify them.

 

Is there like a how-to on all this?  I've done a fair share of searching.. hence, I am somewhat versed with the process involved but would appreciate more instruction... Smiley Happy


Start a thread in the rebuilding section and we will help you.  


I just did! Smiley Happy Thanks so much!

My wallet is thin but I have other stuff in my pants

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.