Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom bonus

tag
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom bonus

There's not much talk about Chase Freedom bonuses lately. 

Anyways, I'll get to the point. My dad received a $200 dollar signup bonus! I'm sorta jealous, but its only a $100 dollars more than normal so eh...

So to all that don't have a freedom yet, garden garden garden and maybe then you too shall receive a higher signup bonus!

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom bonus

While its only $100 more, its essentially 40% for a $500 purchase Smiley Tongue pretty sweet when you think of it that way.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:
While its only $100 more, its essentially 40% for a $500 purchase Smiley Tongue pretty sweet when you think of it that way.

Yeah haha. I don't know if he'll bite though. 

My mom and dad are very much against credit cards. They always try to discourage me from applying to new credit cards. That's not to say that they don't have any accounts themselves though.

I feel like they're very pro gardening even though their reason for discouraging me is probably more in the line of trying to get me to spend less money. Haha.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 3 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

I think $200 (or 20,000 UR points to be more accurate) is the best Freedom offer out these days (and it's of course targeted). I got really lucky last year when I jumped on the 35,000 Freedom sign up bonus, but with the general downward trajectory of credit card offers, I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes back.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 8
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I think $200 (or 20,000 UR points to be more accurate) is the best Freedom offer out these days (and it's of course targeted). I got really lucky last year when I jumped on the 35,000 Freedom sign up bonus, but with the general downward trajectory of credit card offers, I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes back.

I concur. I'll try to persuade him into applying for the freedom..

I can already see how the conversation is going to proceed. I'll tell him to apply for the freedom and he'll give me a lecture about credit cards. TBH, thanks to this forum, I probably know more about credit cards than he does. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

It's understandable why your dad would be adamant about opening cards. Credit cards can and has ruined people, mostly those that lack self-control with regards to their spending.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

There are also offers that get mailed that give 200 - 300 after first purchase. My sister got one for 200 after first purchase I believe and my mom got 300 after first purchase. Usually targated offers are always the best.

Message 7 of 8
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Heh sneaky Enharu. For a second there, I thought you were talking about me. Haha

I actually watch the way I spend my money. My parents don't pay my credit card bills and I would never want them to.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.