Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom bubble

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom bubble

Hi all. I am on the Freedom bubble. Smiley Sad  I apped online and was given the "we'll let you know of our decision in 7-10 days" promise.  I plan to recon if need be. I checked whogavemecredit.com and others with lower scores have gotten this card with a decent CL.  

Who else has gotten this and what was the outcome??  Thanks guys!

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom bubble

I just got approved the other day, but only for $500 CL.

I figure it's because I'm young and a student...althought they don't have a "student" version, I assume the high APR and low CL basically make it a student card for the time being.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

I initially was declined and was able to successfully recon. When I applied I still had two old baddies, but my score was good. After I was declined I disputed the baddies and rhey were totally removed from my CR so I called the Chase backdoor and asked if they would take another look. She did and approved me with a $1000 CL. Very happy!
Slowly building....
Message 3 of 5
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I applied in December 2011 and was instantly approved. They gave me a $2000 credit limit and the highest APR (22.99%). The letter they sent me said my score was 685 (I think, I don't have it with me)...I applied on a whim instead of waiting for lower balances to report that would have given me a decent score boost.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 4 of 5
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

I applied to pair it with my Chase SP card and they initially declined me (due to too many cards with Chase) so I offered to close my British Airways card, which I was plannng on doing anyways so it was nice to get a card out of it. I got the same limit (4,000) as my BA card. I forget what my APR is. I want to say 22.9%

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.