Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom card denial, recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom card denial, recon?

Hey everyone I wanted to know what are the chances i could get a recon approval with chase for a freedom card? I got denied because of my checking account being overdrawn about 3 weeks ago because my father borrowed my chase card and accidently used mine instead of his, but it is paid back. It was only 14$. My credit score isn't fantastic its about 600 because of a collections from feburary, but its paid off. I just want to build some credit history. I have a Local credit union card with 100$ limit and capital one card with 200$ and just got approved for an apple barclay card of 500$. As well as a 14k car loan from March, and I've had an on time payment history, and haven't missed any payments..I dont want a huge limit, but i want to build a good history, Any opinions guys?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom card denial, recon?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone I wanted to know what are the chances i could get a recon approval with chase for a freedom card? I got denied because of my checking account being overdrawn about 3 weeks ago because my father borrowed my chase card and accidently used mine instead of his, but it is paid back. It was only 14$. My credit score isn't fantastic its about 600 because of a collections from feburary, but its paid off. I just want to build some credit history. I have a Local credit union card with 100$ limit and capital one card with 200$ and just got approved for an apple barclay card of 500$. As well as a 14k car loan from March, and I've had an on time payment history, and haven't missed any payments..I dont want a huge limit, but i want to build a good history, Any opinions guys?

Your collection is too recent, they will still deny you if you recon. It happened to me last year. They will tell you they want to see more history before they can approve you.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 5
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly with the cards you currently have along with the loan I think you should be fine to garden for awhile. Build history with those and get CLI's. Wait about a year then if your mind is still set on Chase reapply.

As the above poster said your accounts are too young, you don't need any more cards to build off of. I built on only 2 credit cards with no car loan and was able to jump my score quite a bit in a year.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, thought it was worth a shot. Now another quick question, I paid off my collection but its shown as paid. I know they damage your credit pretty badly...Is it even possible to get into 700's with a collections or not a chance?

Message 4 of 5
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright, thought it was worth a shot. Now another quick question, I paid off my collection but its shown as paid. I know they damage your credit pretty badly...Is it even possible to get into 700's with a collections or not a chance?

As the collection age it is doable. Do you know when the collection will fall off?

I have three credit cards, one student loan and one car loan and my FICO score (TU08) is 644 this is what  a credit utilization of 80%.

I have 6 baddies, 4 student loan collection paid, 1 charge off with a corresponding collection paid and a public record jugement that is paid.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.