Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase (Freedom) cashback redemption - check

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Chase (Freedom) cashback redemption - check

Has anyone had any issues with the check mailed to them with their cashback rewards?  I do not see any option for a statement credit and I don't have a Chase account.

How long does the check take?  Any info is appreciated.  Thank you.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase (Freedom) cashback redemption - check

+1

I have $290 waiting for me right now and would rather it be applied to my account. Possible?

Message 2 of 11
drock
Valued Member

On the ultimate rewards page, there should be an option to pay yourself back. You put in an amount of a recent transaction and the date it was made (given you have enough points to cover it and rhe purchase is within the past 60 days) and your account will be credited. It's weird that one can't do just any amount in increments of 1000 points and that it has to be connected to a specific purchase, but that was my experience. The good news is that my account was promptly credited in less than a day. Hope that helps and maybe others know of a different method.

And sorry, editing because I realized I didn't really answer your question. I haven't used the check option only the one mentioned above.

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The check took less then a week for me and you can take it to a Chase branch and cash it or you can deposit in your checking.

Message 4 of 11
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@drock wrote:
On the ultimate rewards page, there should be an option to pay yourself back. You put in an amount of a recent transaction and the date it was made (given you have enough points to cover it and rhe purchase is within the past 60 days) and your account will be credited. It's weird that one can't do just any amount in increments of 1000 points and that it has to be connected to a specific purchase, but that was my experience. The good news is that my account was promptly credited in less than a day. Hope that helps and maybe others know of a different method.

I can't believe I missed that, thank you!  So does one "lose" money because it must be in even increments yet most charges are not?  I wish they would just deposit it into your bank account.  Does the money expire or will it go through the end of the year?  I have about $270 right now but would like to earn a little more.

Thank you CreditAddict for your info too!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

The check took less then a week for me and you can take it to a Chase branch and cash it or you can deposit in your checking.

+1 took a few days for mine.  I think I remember seeing a rush delivery option for a fee.

Message 6 of 11
drock
Valued Member

Nope, you don't lose any money. Because it's connected to a specific purchase, it's an exact deduction of points. For example, I asked to be credited back for a $96.92 purchase, so 9,692 points were deducted. If you choose the check option, however, it must be in 1000 point increments. I still think it's strange that I can't just ask to be credited a $100 (or 150 or whatever), but the purchase credit works, so I guess it'll do! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Message 7 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

clocktick wrote

I can't believe I missed that, thank you!  So does one "lose" money because it must be in even increments yet most charges are not?  I wish they would just deposit it into your bank account.  Does the money expire or will it go through the end of the year?  I have about $270 right now but would like to earn a little more.

i deposited mine right into my chase checking account.

Message 8 of 11
johnnie198x
Contributor

Yes, it's much better to open a chase check to get $150 and the chase exclusive. You can deposit points into it, took 3 days for me.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnnie198x wrote:

Yes, it's much better to open a chase check to get $150 and the chase exclusive. You can deposit points into it, took 3 days for me.

The recent offer regarding $150 to open a chase checking account had fine print stating that there were monthly fees (between $10 and $15) and that you had to keep the account for at least 12 months.  Could be wrong though.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.