Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom denied.. Should I recon?

tag
Vaetrian

Chase Freedom denied.. Should I recon?

Hello,

You guys might remember me from this post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Advice-on-Cap1/m-p/2308419#M649748 looking for a cashback no FTF card, and the advice was to apply for Discover. However, due to not having enough income and not a student, I was not able to apply for it.

I've decided that I was going to look for a different card, this time just for cashback and having no FTF would be an extra. I went and apply for the Chase Freedom got a pending review and today just got my denial letter. I was denied because of

"Current obligations too high relative to income"

When I applied, I had these as my balances

Cap1 Platinum 65.79/1250

Cap1 Playstation 0/500

Should I attempt to recon? or just let it go?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom denied.. Should I recon?

Message 2 of 15
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
What was the income?

+1??

A $65 obligation to a $0 income could be a major issue.  A $65 obligation on a $10,000/mo income is a non issue.  Need more info.

Message 3 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Always recon.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

Always recon.

Smiley Happy  Yup.....

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 15
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@Vaetrian wrote:

Hello,

You guys might remember me from this post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Advice-on-Cap1/m-p/2308419#M649748 looking for a cashback no FTF card, and the advice was to apply for Discover. However, due to not having enough income and not a student, I was not able to apply for it.

I've decided that I was going to look for a different card, this time just for cashback and having no FTF would be an extra. I went and apply for the Chase Freedom got a pending review and today just got my denial letter. I was denied because of

Cap1 Platinum 65.79/1250

Cap1 Playstation 0/500

Is that what your balances were when you applied or what had been reported to the CRAs when you applied?

Message 6 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Always recon.

Smiley Happy  Yup.....

Don't agree with "Always"   If the card is a real stretch (so you are unlikely to be successful) and it the recon is likely to cause another HP (and if you can't "afford" it), then I wouldn't recon.

Message 7 of 15
Vaetrian

@manwoot wrote:

@Vaetrian wrote:

Hello,

Cap1 Platinum 65.79/1250

Cap1 Playstation 0/500

Is that what your balances were when you applied or what had been reported to the CRAs when you applied?

It's the balance when I applied, it hasn't been reported to the CRA yet.

As for the income it's 7k with no loans, mortgage and rent

Message 8 of 15
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

7k a month or 7k a year?

Message 9 of 15
Vaetrian

@PhoenixDown wrote:

7k a month or 7k a year?

Unfortunately, yearly.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.