cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom denied.. Should I recon?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom denied.. Should I recon?

Do you have other loans, such as auto, mortgage, student loans, or anything else that you are basically obliged to make monthly payments on?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Some credit cards have a minimum income like $15000 a year. Student cards require  a smaller income. That may be the problem.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 15
azguy13
Senior Contributor

If you already have the HP then there is nothing to lose on a recon

Message 13 of 15
Vaetrian

@enharu wrote:

Do you have other loans, such as auto, mortgage, student loans, or anything else that you are basically obliged to make monthly payments on?

Nope, I've got none of those, not even rent as I still current live with my parents.

Message 14 of 15
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@Vaetrian wrote:

@manwoot wrote:

@Vaetrian wrote:

Hello,

You guys might remember me from this post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Advice-on-Cap1/m-p/2308419#M649748 looking for a cashback no FTF card, and the advice was to apply for Discover. However, due to not having enough income and not a student, I was not able to apply for it.

I've decided that I was going to look for a different card, this time just for cashback and having no FTF would be an extra. I went and apply for the Chase Freedom got a pending review and today just got my denial letter. I was denied because of

"Current obligations too high relative to income"

When I applied, I had these as my balances

Cap1 Platinum 65.79/1250

Cap1 Playstation 0/500

Should I attempt to recon? or just let it go?

Is that what your balances were when you applied or what had been reported to the CRAs when you applied?

It's the balance when I applied, it hasn't been reported to the CRA yet.

As for the income it's 7k with no loans, mortgage and rent

What balance had been reported to the CRAs?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.